Chapter 22 (Summer Chapters)

(Adri looks like a prince oml, play music the whole chapter btw)

The Agreste Ballroom was gigantic, it was monotone without the added decor for the party but beautiful none the less. With marble floorings of black and gray, columns of the same material that seemed to touch the sky. The Agreste mansion seemed so lively at this time of year, it was the only time that Adrien could meet with other's inside of his own home, hence why summer was his favorite season. He tucked in his black dress shirt, his father had designed most of the male attire and several of the more influential female's outfits, he'd seen them all. Yet, he found himself looking forward to seeing Marinette's designs for the girls of his class. He wondered just how that girl managed to do it, handle school and her small business that was taking off. How did she juggle all of those things?

"She has help dude, Al's told me that Y/n got super sparkles on her dress for packaging Marinette's stuff and color coding unfinished orders by fabric type and costumer names. She sent me before and after pic's of dudette's room and I have gotta say, Y/n did a great job bro," Nino pulled out his phone to show Adrien the photo's.

"The Dupain-Cheng's are incredible..." He marvelled at both Y/n and Marinette's work.

"Yeah dude, I can't wait for the girl's to get here. Alya, said Marinette out did herself, rumor has it even Chloe liked her dress."

Adrien gasped dramatically, "No way!"

"Yes way!"

The door's were thrown open, allowing the girl's entry to the ballroom. They looked radiant, Adrien's eyes landing on the two sisters all decked out in sparkling heels and ruffles beyond compare. They were gems, in a sea of dull river stones. Two stars burning brightly through the night, they were the light at the end of the tunnel.

"Adrien!" Plagg whisper-shouted.

"Yeah, buddy?" He replied, looking down at the tiny celestial cat.

"You are monologing outloud again about the sisters, keep it down dude. I'm trying to eat some cheese in here," He grumbled.

Adrien rolled his eyes, "Sorry Princess. I'll try and keep it down for your dramatic highness."

"Ha, ha, so funny." Plagg muttered, returning to Adri's jacket.

Plagg hidden once again Adrien walked towards Marinette with a smile, his hand outstretched.

"Mind if I take your sister for the first dance?"

Y/n shook her head.

"Father is looking for you, he wants to speak with you about your modeling. Felix is playing piano tonight so you guys can't dance unless I take over or if father calls someone in, that's all. See ya, Y/n!" He dragged Marinette towards the dance floor as she failed to function.

Y/n's eyes closed, she listened intently as Felix played Claire De Lune by Claude Debussy. It was a classic and one of her personal favorite pieces by the French composer. She took her seat next to the man of the hour as he observed the young teens dancing to classical masterpieces in dresses and suits designed by himself and the bluenette Dupain-Cheng daughter.

"Good evening, Miss Y/n." He greeted, sipping from a glass of what seemed to be Chambolle-Musigny.

"Good Evening, Mister Agreste. It's an honor to meet you," She said fluffing out her skirt.

The scene was serene, tranquil like a river flowing down a mountain side. Trees of all shapes and sizes covering the lovely site as flowers of all colors grew in the peaceful lot of nature. That was the feeling of pure inner resonance the girl felt as she was beside this odd man. A man of few words and apearances, with a tone silkier than the material itself and yet an underlaying feeling of ice. He was a man of culture and yet he seemed so guarded almost as if the world would harm him if he so dared to venture in it. His hands were folded over his legs with a sense of presentiment.