Chapter 19 (Summer Chapters)

Y/n's trip to Shanghai was exciting and yet she never gave Axis or Luka the bigger details of the trip, like her emotional moments with Felix and what had happened to her brother. She only told them the events Marinette knew about for the most part, it was almost as if she didn't want to share her burden's with anyone but herself... and Felix who had peeled away the hard lock and chain that had kept her heart bound since she was young. When she was with him all things around her seemed to disappear, she felt safe and warm inside. Her hands interlocked with themselves, her eyes shut tightly as she romanticized his touch, his hands were soft and mellow enough to make her melt just at the thought of them. She rolled off the second bed underneath her loft, the one inside the mini-library.

A squeal past her lips as she danced around to the music playing in her headphones, mid-twirl Marinette slammed open the door and screamed "Pool Party At Alya's!"

Y/n hit the ground in suprise, a smile etching it's way onto her face.

"I'll go get ready," She said quickly, rushing to the closet to grab her f/c bathing suit.

She threw a t-shirt on over her outfit, she snatched bag from the back of her secluded cloting space. Y/n shoved a hairbrush, back-up headphones, towels, a charger and a waterproof speaker into the carrier bag. Running downstairs to slip on her shoes, Bubblegum Bitch played in the background as her and Marinette ran towards the Cesaire apartment complex. Alya's parents were friend with the building owner, and they had convinced the land-lord to let Alya throw a pool party on the roof.

Nino and Luka were at the DJ booth. Alya, Juleka, Rose and Alix were by the pool side snacking, while Mylene and Ivan were hanging out on some foldable chairs talking to Sabrina. Max and Kim were making up some dumb contest while Adrien watched, he laughed at something Kim had said and Marinette had melted. Nathaniel and Marc were sitting near the roof edge under an umbrella drinking soda and talking about their latest manga issue's plot line. Y/n was dissapointed to see that Felix wasn't there, but she didn't show it as she sat down beside Axis who had his headphones in at the other end of the pool, which was much more secluded.

Adrien snuck a photo of Y/n, smirking as he did so and sending it to Felix. He spotted Marinette and waved with an innocent beam; she turned tomato red and returned the gesture.

Felix <3

So~

Thinking about coming to the party now cousin?

You are so annoying.

I'm on my way.

Haha, Simp!

Do you want me to come to the damn party or not?

Sorry, sorry. Hurry up before Luka or Axis get to her. Or worse, me-

Shut up, I'll beat your ass.

Yessir, Love ya Lucky.

I hate you so much, Adri

Adrien smiled, he put his phone back into his duffel bag and dived into the icy blue waters of the pool. The chlorine stung his eyes, he gasped at the unfamiliar feeling and sprung back up from the cool liquied that flooded his eyes. Y/n snickered, despite her amusement she handed the evergreen eyed boy a small towel to dab his shining orbs with. He thanked her, and left a gentle kiss against her palm. Everyone at the pool gasped, Mylene dropped her drink.

Adrien turned to look at them, he cocked his head to the side. A childish way to ask 'what?'. Felix slammed the door open, out of breath. He wore a stark white tee dress shirt with a black collar. His hair was messy and not as slick as it usually was, no doubt from the running. It was then that Y/n had noticed that his hair was slightly longer than his cousins.

"ADRIEN, YOU LITTLE PRICK!" He howled, clear anger prominent on his usually calm features.

Said boy grinned like the chesire and dove back under water to the far side of the pool near axis, Felix jumped in the crystal blue himself the whole group bursting into laughter as Felix tried to drown Adrien. Felix was first back out of the pool, Adrien only appearing after bubbles rippled across the surface of the water.

The boy's cousin shook his head, rolling his eyes at Adrien's dramatics. Kim slapped Felix's back, the boy holding back a yelp at the tall male's touch.

"You aren't too bad, ya know!" He exclaimed.

Nino finally started up the music, "Let's get this party started!"

(Play music here)

Felix laced his fingers with Y/n's, his dress shirt was back on but unbuttoned, he swayed gently with the Dupain-Cheng girl following his lead. Alya laughed like a hysteric maniac in the background, pulling out an expensive camera and snapping photos of the couple. Marinette held back a shriek at the sight. This was a HUGE conflict of interest, if Y/n and Felix married how would she live out her romance with Adrien? She wouldn't be able to because FELIX and ADRIEN were RELATED. Could she never be with Adrien?

Her blue bell eyes trailed to the blonde leaning against the snack bar, sipping on some punch as his gaze trained on his cousin and Marinette's sister. He held a look of happiness, mixed with a familiar heartbroken melancholy the bluenette knew all too well. She had the same look when she saw Adrien with Kagami. Did Adrien have feelings for her sister?

Felix placed his head on top of Y/n's as the two followed the actions of many other dancing pairs, pivoting around in a circle before falling back in a regular motion of practiced swirls. It felt as if the two were gliding across a marble ballroom floor, the action could be compared to two doves drifting across the wind in a complex dance. The h/c-nette rested her head against Felix's chest as it was so comfortable to do now. Twirling, spinning and dancing down the edges of the pool had become like second nature.

Y/n was the princess and Felix her knight, the two wed in an intricate sequence of steps, a single melody paired with it's perfect harmony. The rest of the dancers had stopped all movement as they watched the partners captivate everyone in attendance to their performance. Marinette even took her eyes from Adrien, her face softened. The duet looked so unaware yet so inlove it was uncanny how they both didn't know how they felt for their counterpart.

Her heart panged in jealousy, this, this beautiful relation of complete and utter affection was all she had wanted with Adrien. She knew now that she couldn't possibly have such an affilitation with her blonde crush, as her sister was completely enamoured with his cousin. Her heart shattered into molecular shards of glass, Luka wrapped his arms around her grief-stricken form. His fingers coiled a lock of her blue hair around it in an attempt to comfort her.

He cared deeply for the girl, he loved her much more than she would ever know. She was his muse, his very reason for feelings of joy. He didn't quite understand how he lived without her in his life, he brought the girl punch and sat her down.

The two watched the lively, inlove pair continue their waltz of endearment. The party continued long into the night, and yet Marinette had never felt so alone when surronded by her friends. Only Luka was able to console the heartbreak within her soul.