Classed

"If I'd been present instead of Professor McGonagall, Gryffindor would have lost points."

Parkinson let out a snicker at this, while Snape did nothing about the behavior of the Slytherin students, but Hermione could feel the stares of some of her fellow Gryffindors on her. "Great. So we do happen to share this class with Slytherin."

And Snape was as vindictive against Gryffindor as ever. He then started into his speech, which made it feel like the man memorized what he would say to first years every year, and he did ask Harry a question to which Harry admitted he'd not learned his books. "There's a lot of information in there, sir. I didn't know where to even begin."

Which proved a satisfactory answer, and she thus didn't end up losing points for Gryffindor, and therefore Potions went off without a hitch, albeit nobody liked the first-day pop quiz. And yet, during lunch, she couldn't help but feel as if people were staring at her, nor did she try talking to Ron and Harry. Or at least she didn't try to. Much to Ron's disgruntlement, Harry did start up a conversation with her.

"So, we have Computer and Muggle Studies next? And are all our classes blocked out at two in the morning and two in the afternoon?"

"No," Percy piped up, making Ron roll his eyes. "It's just the first week, particularly for the first four days, to help you get to know the teachers while allowing us older students while allowing a bit more study hours for the upper years during the first week so that students can work on projects. Then it's scheduled out so that the professors can teach twenty-four classes during the week for the normal subjects though it differs for the extracurricular classes, but allows them to teach each class twice a week."

"We didn't need to know that, Percy," Ron said, to which Hermione agreed, albeit she didn't think he should have responded in that manner.

"Speaking of computers," Harry started saying.

"If you ever need any help with anything computer-related..."

"Don't ask Percy!" One of the twins piped up.

"Goodness knows he'll give you an earful of information you don't need," the second muttered.

"Hey!"

"You're butting into the first year's conversation, Percy," the first twin said. "Let them be."

Percy began to pout, and whatever conversation they would have was forgotten in favor of eating. They headed off to the computer class, which Hermione noted had been combined with Muggle studies for the day. Still, when she arrived, she saw both of the Prewett brothers to which they asked everyone to sit in front of a desk while putting their wands into the drawer below.

Hermione complied, sitting there, frowning, waiting. She could also sense students staring until class started. The Prewett brothers introduced themselves, explaining that they worked on teaching the two classes together, meaning one week they might have Fabian for Muggle Studies and Gideon for the Computer Class, and the other for the next.

Parkinson raised her hand, her pug nose wrinkling slightly, but it was no surprise when she asked, "And why do we have to take these classes?"

"You'll find many of your classes will utilize computers for homework purposes, History of Magic being an exception as a ghost teaches it." Fabian placed a hand on the computer next to him. "And both the Muggle Studies and Computer Class classrooms are set up to accommodate several students, but the library and common room also have places you can do any homework to be submitted via computer."

"You've got to be kidding me."

"Of course, we'll teach you how to scan what you've written for those who prefer the handwritten approach, but Wizarding scanners are more advanced than the computer ones. And it might still be best as there are still a limited number of computers for students overall." Gideon said. "But the jest of it, what you write, output into the correct format. Actually, the correct format is a nonissue for us, but we're likely talking above you right now."