Dream Job

They were sitting on the sofa and Melinda was checking her cell phone. The smile on her face turned to anger and sadness.

'' What's happened?'' Mark asked

''Nothing," she said measuredly, tossing her cell phone on the coffee table.

'' Mel, please tell me, I see something's happened ''

'' A few days ago I auditioned for a student film in college.... and they didn't choose me ... stupid students didn't choose me ... shit ''

She was angry and embarrassed at the same time. She couldn't look him in the eye. She blinked and breathed loudly and quickly, feeling like she was going to burst into tears with anger.

'' So they didn't even choose you up for a studen movie?'' he asked and laughed

''I was stupid to think you'd support me. I shouldn't have told you.''

'' I'm sorry but this is... this is...''He couldn't speak and burst out laughing again.

'' Screw you!'' she said standing up.

''And stop laughing'' she shouted

She walked into her room and lay down on her bed. After a while he sat down beside her.

'' Go away!''

'' You know, this is my house '' he said amusedly

'' Realy? Your house? Do you want me to take all my stuff and get the hell out of here?

'' Oh, come on Mel, stop it'' he said seriously

He wanted to hug her, but she pushed him away.

'' I'll do it Mark, and you will never see me again. So doggone your stupid ideas and get out of my room!''

'' What's wrong with you, you should calm down''

''What's wrong with me? My whole life sucks! One defeat after another, but I'm trying to change it, and instead of supporting me, you're acting like a jerk!

'' I'm sorry, forgive me...'' But it was late, he had made her very angry.

''  "You're just a pompous loser, and if your father hadn't died, you'd never own a business where I have to work from morning till night for a lousy salary. You'd be a nobody! And.. you think more of yourself than you should." She turned her back on him and frowned.

She was so angry that she said what she didn't want to say and what she didn't mean. In fact, she was angry with herself. How is it even possible, that she didn't get that stupid part in a stupid student movie. Mark didn't say anything, just banged the door. It took her a long time to fall asleep, she'd been up all night thinking about why she hadn't gotten that stupid part in that stupid movie, about what she'd said to Mark, and about how he'd laughed at her instead of being supportive. The next day she was at work early in the morning. She was wearing a white uniform with short sleeves and a short skirt. She hated this uniform and was still irritated. Once again she was in a job she didn't feel like going to. Today she and her colleagues were cleaning offices in a small two-story building.She was quiet all day and decided to be alone. Her colleagues were working on the first floor and she was alone on the second. She didn't want to take the risk of arguing with someone. She was almost done, standing in the large hallway, when Mark came in. He was wearing a grey suit that he looked great in. He was still offended and wanted revenge.

'' You look like you're on drugs. It's not fitting to make a clown of yourself at an auditions, don't you think?''he said measuredly

'' So what? The toilets I clean , you know, the toilets don't mind ," she said, also measuredly.