Log Cabin

They woke up in the morning. They lay in each other's arms and enjoyed each other's presence.

'' Where are we going today?'' Max asked.

'' I'll go with you wherever you want.'' She said, exhaling loudly. 

She was nice and comfortable, she could have easily laid like this all day.

'' I have a little log cabin in the mountains. I'd like to show it to you.'' Melinda thought to herself that Max certainly didn't have anything ''little'' and smiled.

'' I don't know.'' she said, and she didn't sound enthusiastic. 

''You just said you'd go anywhere with me. Do you know how great relaxing that will be?''

'' And why can't we relax here? Look how comfortable we are, we're lying in bed, we're warm and we're together. And there are no spiders.''

'' We can lie in bed there too.'' He said impatiently.

 After a moment of silence, she sighed out loud again. 

''okey...'' she said annoyedly. 

''Great, let's go.'' Max said and tried to sit up. 

''Right now?''

'' Yes.''

'' No.''

'' Yes.''

'' No!''

'' yes'' he said and started laughing.

'' Five more minutes, please'', she said, snuggling into him even tighter.

 He stroked her hair a few times and finally pushed her away from him. 

''Okay, here we go.''He said

He went straight to the bathroom and from the bathroom to the closet. Melinda was sitting on the bed wrapped in a blanket, her eyes barely open. When Max stood in front of her he was wearing brown pants and a green shirt. He looked like a boy scout. 

''You're a freak!'' She said, throwing herself on the bed.

''Get up, don't lazy ''He said and threw her clothes at her.

''I have to stop at home for clean clothes.'' She said, and with a heavy effort, got out of bed, looking annoyed.

''And how long are we actually going to be in this wilderness?'' She asked

''A long '' He said and smiled.

 Melinda groaned and hung her head. 

''Well, c'mon, c'mon'' he said, bouncing in place.

''Where do you get so much energy from?'' She asked. 

 Max only gave her a break once they were seated in his silver SUV. She tried to get some more sleep in the car. Max talked the whole way about how they would be in the middle of nature the whole time. Just them and nature. Nothing more. She let him talk, he had a nice deep voice and it lulled her to sleep. He stopped at the house. Melinda got out of the car and so did he.

'' Where are you going?''she asked in surprise

''With you.'' He said, raising his eyebrows. 

''You can't come with me.'' She said, looking embarrassed. 

''Why not?'' He asked irritably. 

''Well, because this isn't my house, you know... Please wait for me here, I'll be right back.'' She said and walked quickly to the door, hoping that Max would obey her and wait for her by the car. She didn't want any scenes between him and Mark.