CHAPTER TEN - THAT PERSON

Blake POV

We have our celebration party held near and where the team usually hangs out together. The coaches, staff members and the rest of the team partying together. 

I thought we couldn't make it to the championship. But in the end, we were able to snatch the trophy and it's the best feeling in the world. Though it would be better if there's someone with you who shares the same sentiment. 

Team members who are married attend with their wives. It feels nostalgic that I am used to being like them. Sweet and always clinging to each other. 

Although my world crumbled down, I chose to fight the pain tonight. I want to be free and be Blake that I usually am. The pain and betrayal I just left behind me for now. Anyway it's been two days since we officially ended our relationship. The divorce is now going smoothly. 

"Hey Blake, you ok?" Amanda, a friend of Althea, took a seat next to me. 

I know she has a thing for me. I didn't miss the way she threw a knowing smile to me. More so now that I officially filed a divorce to my wife. I bet she already knows about it. Judging from the way she smiled to me, it's already given. 

"I'm ok!" I said while staring at my beer bottle like it's the most interesting thing here. 

Don't get me wrong, I know I have thrown myself at any woman who tried to sleep with me. But of course I still uphold the major rule that me and Evan settled before. That is not to play games with women who are related to us in some ways. I believe that Amanda being Althea's friend included that. 

She scooted closer to me so when she bent down I could freely see her cleavage. I tried to scoot a little further just to give her the impression that I am not into her. 

Honestly speaking, of how many girls would throw themselves at me, still nothing can compare the way I feel when I am with her. I don't know but she's the only girl who can make my heart go wild and my body even hotter. 

She always complained to me before about how horny and perverted I am. I mean, if you have a smoking hot sexy and beautiful wife that's an obvious thing to do right? 

"Are you planning to get drunk tonight?" She said to me. For a moment I thought she already left. I guess she didn't get what I mean. 

"Depends!" I said as I side glanced at her then returned my attention to the beer bottle. 

"Well, if you want I can do something for you. My unit is just five minutes drive away here. We can get there and be drunk all you want!" She said and I don't buy those alibis at all. 

It's just mean one thing, we are going to have sex which I said I can't and I am not interested in her. Just when I am about to say something to her. My eyes wandered to the dance floor and a familiar man caught my attention. 

I didn't waste my time, I stood up and walked briskly to that person. I grab his shoulder making him turn to me. I don't care if I acted rude but this person shamelessly dancing in front of me is the guy that made my wife cheated on me. 

I can never forget his face and when I finally see him in person. I didn't hold back and threw my punch on him, making him stumble backwards. I don't care if I created chaos. I just want to hurt the person that makes my life miserable. 

"What the fuck?" He hissed as he rubbed the area where I punched him. 

"Fuck? Yeah fuck! Because of you I lost my wife!" I shouted at him. I tried to grab him again but an arm sneaked into me, making me halt my attempt. I looked at the person behind me and I saw Evan giving me a warning look. 

"Don't get in the way, Evan. This is the guy that my wife cheated on me with!" 

"Huh? Wife cheated on you?" I think I saw him choke while he spoke those words. 

"Yeah! Don't act like you're innocent! I know that look!" 

"There must be a mistake Sir! Before you grab someone you need to clarify first!" Another voice that caught my attention. 

"I don't care! I have proof that this guy is here!" I pointed at the guy I just punched. " Cheating with my wife! So don't lecture me because you don't know what I've been through because of him!" I said to him, 

"You must be mistaken, since birth I was never interested in female species! Nor have relationships with a married woman. Even if it's only an idea, I can't stomach it! It's absolutely terrifying so please tell me it's just a joke!" He said and I noticed how he talks. 

"Are you?" I asked him intentionally to change the last word. But I know they will get what I mean. 

"Yeah! Duh! Isn't it obvious!" He said and he links his arms to the guy who stood up on me awhile ago. 

My jaw almost dropped when he admitted it. I have a guy's feeling of what he is when he talks but it's still different when he acknowledges it. 

"Then how come?" 

"Mister, can we just talk in civil or avoid throwing a punch on someone you didn't know" 

"Then can you explain to me what's the meaning of this?" I said as I showed them the pictures of him and my wife. 

"She's your wife? Hahahaha that girl didn't tell me that she's married!" He said while laughing. 

"What is your relationship to her?"

"She's my friend!" He answered me and I was shocked. 

"Friend?" I can feel the pang on my chest creeping inside of me. I swallowed hard as I couldn't believe what I was hearing. 

"Yeah! She's my friend! If you're thinking that we have a relationship. It's my fault, it happened a year back when my parents didn't accept my gender. I asked her to act as my girlfriend at that time but I failed miserably. She told me to never fake my existence and be proud of it! So I confessed to my parents about the day after that night! I am sorry if it made you think about other things. But I can assure you that your wife did not cheat on you. She's just a great friend who is willing to help anyone!" He explained it to me. 

His words give me a sudden mixture of feelings, relief, disappointment and hurt. Those feelings I felt because when things sink in to me. I just realized the impact of what I did. 

I didn't say goodbye or anything I just lash out from the club and hurriedly went to my car. I need to get out there and go where my wife is. I need to explain everything to her.