Chapter 12

"What else?" I call from the bathroom as I finish straightening my long brown hair. My mood is light. I've always loved the process of getting ready before a night out.

"This?" he says while holding up ripped jeans and a sweater.

"I like the jeans," I say. He adds them to the maybe pile and disappears again.

I brush through my hair and had some hair spray. I then start to apply mascara to my long eyelashes.

I glance over to Pierson holding up another shirt option for me.

"Why don't you decide what you're going to wear," I tell him while finishing my mascara.

I put on some light concealer, blend it and walk out of the bathroom.

I walk into the bedroom to find Pierson in a light wash pair of jeans, and no shirt.

"Sorry I didn't know you were changing," I tell him while walking over to the closet that contains the clothes Pierson bought me.

"No need to apologize," he lowly chuckles.

I look through the shirts and land on one that is black and lacey with a nude undertone.

I pull it out and walk back out of the room. I grab the ripped jeans on the ground and walk into the bathroom to try it on.

I look into the mirror and smile; this looks like me.

I open to the door to find Pierson standing there with a black shirt and an olive-green shirt in his hand.

"Olive green it matches your eyes," I tell him before he can ask my opinion.

"Thanks," he chuckles while sliding it over his head.

I grab the "maybe" pile off the floor and throw it onto the bed. I walk back into the bathroom and unplug my straightener.

"When I ask you later if I unplugged the straightener, remember this moment," I tell Pierson while laughing a little.

"You look beautiful Kaydence," he replies. I make eye contact with him in the mirror. I look from him to me. We look like a couple. We'll look like a couple tonight.

I push the thought away and turn from the mirror to walk out of bathroom.

"Thanks," I reply while already out of the bathroom and heading towards the stairs.

************

Pierson insists on holding my hand as we walk across the street to the bar, where we are meeting Keelie.

Once I see her waiting by the door, I slip my hand out of his to run up to her.

"Keels," I call. She looks up and grabs me into a hug.

"Kayde? Wow, look at you. New clothes?" she admires.

"Something like that," I roll my eyes while feeling Pierson behind me.

I turn to gesture to him.

"Keels, this is Pierson. I'm sure you remember," I smirk a little. Pierson grabs me into his side and holds his hand out to Keelie.

"Nice to officially meet you. I've heard great things," he tells her as she shakes his hand. When Keelie's hand comes in contact with Pierson's I feel a pull at my chest. I push it away and smile at the two.

"Drinks?" I ask.

"Already ahead of you," Keelie replies while heading to the bar.

She orders us each a lemon drop and we spot a table near the bar to sit at while more and more people make their way inside.