♤1.2 - romcoms suck♤

LakeBlue is live!

I get my roommate to watch a romcom

Harvey occupied himself with petting the kitten in his arms while Lake greeted the stream, their nerves currently rising at the thought of embarrassing themself in front of quite a few people.

"And this is how we're spending our valentines! As two single guys watching a hallmark movie in front of an audience"

Harvey laughed at this, finally unwrapping his arms around the kitten and moving themself to sit in a more comfortable position. Sure it's head was now half leaning on Lake's shoulder while the movie was pulled up on the TV.

The two were sat in the living room with the paintings that were previously hung up now hidden to give a blank background. The camera and Harvey's laptop with the stream opened and displaying only the chat were across from them.

Harvey was sat on one end of the loveseat and Lake was next to him. Even with Harvey's debatable eyesight, he could read the slight spamming of comments about how close they were sat.

Out of nervousness, Harvey lifted his head off the other's shoulder and instead  leaned his hand on his chin.

"I hope you know, I hate romcoms. And I will hate you by the time this is over" Harvey playfully glared over at Lake who simply shrugged and handed over the glass of wine he had poured them.

They were only about half way through the movie and Harvey was already a little tipsy. Admittedly he drank more then necessary for the game but he had forgotten they were doing the game early on.

He had already loosened up and openly leaned against Lake with a sour look as he watched the scene before his eyes. It was one of those typical "city girl-meets country boy" movies he hated with every ounce of his body.

"Oh my god, just fucking admit you like him, kiss him and move on with your life!"

Lake laughs against him and shook his head.

"You weren't kidding when you said you hated these movies, were you?"

Harvey smirked and shook his head, not turning it even as he brought a hand up to gently caress and then lightly slap Lake's jawline.

"I would never lie to you, Indie," Harvey giggled tiredly before dropping his hand to their lap, the blush still growing on their face.

"I appreciate that, lovely"

Harvey laughed and rolled his eyes, heart speeding up slightly when Lake gently rested his chin on the top of Harvey's head and Harvey felt Lake's hand on his back.

He would have melted into the touch had Lake not found his ticklish spot and start poking at it, causing the two to fall into fits of laughter.

The laughter died down as the movie came to a pause and slow burn neither of them were willing to sit through as Lake ended out his stream.

Putting all of the inprovised stream setup away, Harvey and Lake return to the living room and Harvey scrolls through to find a different movie, smiling as he lands on one of his favorites and plops onto the couch.