Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Confession

Dear Maura Isles,

You're not just my best friend forever,

you are so much more.

You're someone I care about

and I love you to the core.

***

You are not only beautiful and sexy

with a brilliant mind.

You are also adorable,

and very sweet and kind.

***

Sometimes you're too wordy

and truly quirky,

but I love that you're

so goofy and perky.

***

I know Maura the bore-a

was your nickname in high school,

but to tell you the truth, Maura

I think you are really cool.

***

I know sometimes I act stupid

and say jokes that bore you,

but I just wanna impress you

because I truly adore you.

***

Jane quickly copied the poem she had written and pasted it to her private messages with lonely_heart. With trembling hands, she sent the poem without any other messages. She hoped that lonely_heart would see it and write back immediately to let her know what she thought. Jane had never shared that poem with anyone so she was really nervous. What would lonely_heart say about the poem? Would she like it? She didn't know why she cared so much, but she just felt tingly and really excited. Jane knew that her poem was kind of silly, but she just wanted to know her opinion.

But lonely_heart didn't respond anything. Jane checked her messages several times during the day, expecting an answer but she didn't get any. She wondered what happened and why lonely_heart wasn't answering her back. Maybe she was busy with something, Jane thought. Writing something new. Or just doing something. Something more important. Whatever the reason was, Jane couldn't help feeling nervous during that day, expecting some answer. Since she didn't get any reply, she decided to write to lonely_heart again.

"I want to know your opinion on my poem. It's really silly - I know that myself so you won't offend me. Please just answer me something. It's okay if you don't like it. No hard feelings. And I can take it, don't worry. I am a big girl. Just reply something."

Then Jane sent the message, waiting for a reply. But she didn't get any during the day.

In the morning, on Monday, she saw that there was an answer from lonely_heart.

"Hello. I feel like I guessed your name correctly. Your real name is Jane, right? And about your poem – it's really beautiful. I like it. It's really sweet."

After she read the message Jane wondered was lonely_heart trying to guess her name. How could she know that Jane was her real name? What was going on? Was that some kind of a coincidence? Was lonely_heart a stalker? For real? Maybe it was just a lucky guess. Or some stupid joke. She didn't know, but she just needed to ask.

"Yes, my name is Jane. Do you feel safe enough to tell me yours? I like you and I think we could meet in person. Since you live in Boston I don't see any harm. And by the way, how do you know that Jane is my real name?"

She quickly typed the message and sent it, hoping to get an answer before she head to work.