Chapter 32: The Prophets

Wanda arrived in the TARDIS control room. Judging by the grating on the floor and the coral pillars, she was in Ten's time. She lay there, not wishing to move right away. She let her hands stay where they were. Half curled in, still holding onto the hands that had once been within her grasp. Tears still leaked down her cheeks and into her hair as she stared up to the TARDIS ceiling with small smile caressing her face. She could almost still see those same stars of which she had just been gazing to. The same beautiful and breathtaking sight of Van Gogh's swirling within her eyes. She wished she could lay there and never let go of the splendor the artist had shown the Doctor, Amy, and her.

"Wanda?"

Ten hovered over her, staring down worriedly at the sight of her tears.

"Wanda, what's wrong? What happened?" he asked quickly. She saw Donna come up on the other side, also staring down with worry as well.

"What is it? Why are you crying, sweetheart? What's got you all upset?" she asked Wanda. The woman frowned, suddenly sending the Doctor a stern gaze. "Was it the Doctor? What have you've done, Spaceman?" The Doctor shook his head quickly as Donna looked ready to give him a harsh scolding. Wanda laughed some, sitting up to hug them both.

"Oh, you guys. These are happy tears," Wanda said cheerfully. "Happy, happy, wonderfully happy tears." She let go of them to beam away. She grinned largely at Donna, giving the woman a large hug. "Donna! It's been ages since I last saw you!"

"We've only just seen each other an hour ago," Donna laughed, patting Wanda's back happily. Wanda sat back in surprise.

"Really? What have we been up too, then?" Wanda asked curiously.

"I just sent you to bed a while ago," the Doctor explained, smiling at Wanda.

"Oh!" Wanda blinked in surprise. So, this meant she had arrived back to one of her earlier days with the Doctor. The day to which she came to realize what her life would become, the new journey ahead for her. That day felt like a lifetime ago. "Well, I've teleported around some." She stood up, brushing the grass off her jacket. "Is that a normal thing? Me teleporting in my sleep?"

"Sometimes. But not often," the Doctor replied, going up to the controls on the console.

"Why were you crying happy tears?" Donna asked, still perplexed by Wanda's sudden and abrupt appearance.

"I've met the most fantastic and wonderful artist, who has the most beautiful sight of the world," Wanda answered brightly. "I wish you could have seen it, Donna. You would have loved it." Wanda started to pat around her jacket. "Got a present for you. It's somewhere . . . around—ha! There it is!" Wanda pulled out the guide, handing it over happily. "It's your own personal guide to the universe. I thought it might come in handy for you." Donna smiled cheerfully at the book.

"Thank you, sweetheart! You have no idea how much this will come in handy when Spaceman over here starts going into one of his rambles," Donna said with a cheeky grin when the Doctor frowned over to her.

"I do not ramble," he said defensively.

"Yes, you do," Donna and Wanda said together. They turned and grinned at each other, laughing away. The Doctor shook his head lightly, rolling his eyes slightly as he sent the TARDIS into the Vortex.

Once they landed, he smiled brightly and bounced to the door.

"Where have you taken us?" Donna asked him as she and Wanda followed after him.

"You'll see," he said with a wink. He stepped out first with them close behind. They could hear people shouting out and chickens clucking. The Doctor pulled a tan cloth aside for them to a market place, bustling with people. He grinned wildly at them.