Torpor

⚠ depiction of some mild birth scenes and language.

I kneeled beside her, waiting for her to acknowledge me, my head bowed in abject apology.

Her eyes popped open as the pain seemed to subside for a moment. She smiled through watery eyes.

A hand delicately grabbed mine and I groveled under my breath softly, promising my fidelity and love. Her small digits gripped mine fiercely as another wave of pain rippled through her body.

She panted. Fury burning in her eyes now. " This is all your fault" she gritted out.

I chuckle impertinent .....

Indeed she is right, I am at fault for this.

I did not mean for this to happen. Albeit I did not know this would....could happen before the completion of my series.

With this new knowledge I must confer to more precautions than before.

Her hand relaxed above mine, I taking this opportunity to kiss the back of it with reverence.

The young one behind me is decidedly forgotten. His silence resounding to the scene before him.

The entrance to the room became empty of his presence. His footsteps slowly echoing away.

The intimate moment is fleeting between us because of her pain.

Her eyes are anew with wide contemplation.

" How did you know?"

A wave of fresh agony etching it's way onto her small countenance again.

With a hasty breath, my words tumble out.

" O my beloved, Hear me please. I plead...I must take you away. This environment is inadequately equipped, your life runs in peril"

" ugggghhh" She responds, her hands strained against the covers desperately.

Her head nodding and her breath hitching perfusely.

She can form words no longer.

With much care I pulled her towards me, gently wrapping her limbs methodically in a crisscross fashion.

She has given her consent I am sure.
By accepting my attention without protest.

The drones chirred more fervently.

The lines they displayed waving more strongly.

She is advancing her birthing stage quickly and time is running out.(@minipurse)

Entering with a surprising ruckus the young one unceremoniously presents himself donned with a large sack, his eyes anticipatory.

He gestured to himself, ready for the oncoming journey.

He does not want to be left behind.

I nod in simple understanding, pleased.

My mate, his sibling, is in the throws of the birthing process, she will need every ounce of familial support she can grasp.

Time will tell how long this stage will last.

With one last loving look down at the tense pained body of my beloved. I scoop her up and swaddle her close to my body.

Wrapping and tying every available inch possible, joining her form to mine in a close embrace.

"Joseph..my name"

I turn unwilling to be rude, burdened with the body of my beloved. His eyes positioned themselves upward towards me patting his fragile chest, watching and waiting.