Bloody Spring

⚠  War themes: Gore and language

Thump, thump, thump

For our queen!! GTaaah!!!!

Thump, thump, thump

For our glory!! GTaaah!!!

As thousands of cries thunder into the far high sky in unison, echoing past hills and mountains.

The land trembling terribly underfoot wherever they stepped.

The quake of millions shaking the earth underneath their feet.

Creatures of both sky and land retreat, fleeing to more distant lands.

War is upon us.

Across the land, rows of my brethren march against each other.

Speckled stains against the newly lush green growth of the season's cycle of this planet.

Bloodlust blows thick in the air.

Claws and teeth bared in full display, gleaming in the pale light of the night's celestial body.

Armies marching in parallel.

Nest brother against nest brother, falling into formation.

A battle soon to commence.

Advance in unison!

Hold together!

Forward march!

Keep the lines tight!

The strategy familiar in my mind. My eyes needing not to see far to know.

Can you do good things but at a terrible price?

N.I.C.KA is to blame for this.

The victors will inherit this besieged planet. Pushing all else into the dust, spilling lifeblood to pillage each other's territories.

The culling of our population has began. Bloodshed will contaminate every pore of this planet, no doubt.

It will not stop.

Until ecological optimization is achieved to N.I.C.K.A's satisfaction.

My broodling kicks in my pouch innocently as I survey the landscape beyond. Eyeing the conflict with caution.

It has grown larger, more than doubling its size since its exit from my beloved's womb.

Sorrow is for the ones like I and my youngling now. We are exempt from the horrors of war but not from the whims of those more powerful than us,

again.

We are to hide.

Evading the crushing armies and their cruelty.

My youngling is yet many moon's away from hatching.

A vulnerable pappus drifting in the winds of fate.

" High commander, we must move on from this place.. death is a moment's away" The young developing tkiaz whispered.

Our eyes meeting in gentle knowing.

She is already eye level to myself. Sprouting up to the limber heights of her sex.

Patterns have gently began to develop over her body. The signal of a queen coming to age.

Tkaiz had already emerged from her torpor like this.

There is no doubt, she will claim what is hers.

I bow, my acknowledgement to her words received.

Respect paramount to her station even though we are now kin. Tkaiz watched with sadness, her joy slipping from her face.

This must be how things are to be.

Our circumstances have shifted dramatically  in such a short period of time.

We had emerged from our deep slumber to a shifting mirage of reality.

A council between I and Ckire unfolded duly. The matter private against the judging eyes of the rest.

Tkaiz folded her limbs in trepidation, lips quivering with anticipation. Alone as the defendant, marching into my chambers for judgement.

Slowly I rest eyes on her young face " We have come together to discuss this deep violation, Gosf is the kin of my most beloved. You have besmirsched our ancient customs and taken without permission. What say you, fledgling queen Tkaiz?"

Tkaiz shuttered.

" I have steeped deep into my guilt during my torpor and can offer none as my reasoning to the present...but I will say this, He is my chosen and I will respond. I will pay his price"

Ckire eyes widened and smirked." Smittened" he breathed.

Ckire scoffed " There you have you answer and what do you say kin of Gosf?"

I breathed unsteady "His nest is not amused and will be ill to the proposition of letting Gosf go to you. He has nothing to offer if you are to seek it and is nay but a youngling himself. Are you sure? A half hearted curiosity will not satisfy their nest queen as enough reason to accept this union."

Ckire turned with attention to both the parties faces.

Tkaiz rose to her full height.  Her eyes blazing with inner fire into my own. " I will find a way to come into the good graces of his nest queen"

Nothing more could be said to such a statement.

She had set upon a path that no one had traveled before and I can not stop her.

Ckire frowned.

There is a reason custom has not been breached for thousands of years.

Only a future of madness will Tkaiz hold if she does not succeed.

I, myself had to to be pryed from the hold of my former queen when I was cast aside for my crimes. She could no longer look at me but was bound through our shared connection..

Queue the theme lord of the rings mordor music 🎶

Hello, readers. It's been a long time so thank you for continuing to read this story. The updates will still be kind of slow but this story will not be abandoned! I would like to update once a month but it's more like 3-4 months when I get busy. If you would like please comment, like, or subscribe. Lots of love!