Chapter 7 - Goodnight

3rd P.O.V

After a long day of colouring and getting to know each other it was finally time for bed. Andy tucked his daughter in the bed. Well, he decided until Lydia's room was finished she would take his bed and he would sleep on the couch.

"Dad." Lydia spoke, making Andy stop, Dad, no matter how much he heard it he still couldn't help the giggly feeling he felt everytime she called him that.

"Yes Lyds." Andy turned his whole attention to her. His daughter.

"Are you going to send me back, back to mr white, back to the TBO." Lydia asked, gripping the blanket tighter at the thought of going back there.

"No." Andy shook his head. "Of course not, why would you think that?"

"Because I can do things." She said, making Andy's eyes come together in confusion. "Things, what kind of things."

"I can make things move without touching them." Oh, Andy thought. Those types of things.

"You don't need to worry about that, do you know why?" Andy leaned closer

"Why." Lydia whispered as Andy leaned closer before looking around like he was going to tell a secret and he hoped no one heard.

"Because everyone else here can do those things and more." He whispered, making Lydia's eyes widen in excitement and curiosity. After all she did think she was the only one in the whole world that could do those things and finding out other people could do it so it felt nice, not feeling alone.

"Even you." Lydia asked in excitement

"Yes." Andy softly laughed. "Even me."

"Can you show me." She asked

"Not tonight, but how about tomorrow we go down to the training room and I'd show you my gifted and you show me your gifted. Does that sound fun?" Lydia nodded making andy giggle in excitement

"Ok, goodnight." Andy kissed Lydia's head before grabbing the folded Blanket that he put aside to tuck Lydia in before standing up, turning off the light and then walking out of the room.

"Wait!" Lydia's voice made Andy stop.

"What's wrong?" Andy turned to look at the shy little girl in the bed.

"Can you-ahmm." She looked down shyly. "Canyoustayhere."

"What." Andy blinked

"Can you stay here?" She asked, making Andy blink again, oh, he thought.

"I mean you don't have to." She said taking his silence as a no as she blushed fully looked down.

"I just thought that-."

"No." Andy cut her off. "I would like to stay."

"Really." Lydia hopefully asked

"Yes." Andy nodded. "Really." He turned around walking up and sitting on the big chair he had in his room before he laid the blanket down on himself.

"Goodnight Lydia." He closed his eyes making himself comfortable

"Goodnight." Lydia shyly repliedm, closing her eyes, opening them every once and a while to make sure he didn't leave and he never did. 

~~

.