Chapter 3

Francisca's POV
It's Saturday, moving day.

The moving truck is already here, the house is almost empty.

I step out of the house when I see Lori and Jenny speaking to Matt, and they quickly spot me.

"Fran!" Jenny exclaims. She runs over to me and hugs me tightly.

"Jenny...I can't...breath..." I say jokingly.

"Oops sorry". She steps back and laughs.

Now it was Lori's turn to hug me. "We're gonna miss you girl" she says.

"I'm going to miss you guys too" I say, my voice cracks.

"I can't believe you're already leaving" Jenny says. "Summer break isn't even over yet" she frowns.

I smile sadly at her. Yes it is a week till summer vacation is over.

And I'm gonna be starting my sophomore year at a new school. Where I know no one. That's not scary at all.

Matt approches us and smiles at me when we make eye contact.

"I'm sorry girls, but we need to get going".

"Seriously? Right now?" Jenny asks.

"I'm afraid so" he says.

Jenny looks at me with sad puppy dog eyes, while Lori just looks at me with a sad smile.

"Come on guys, group hug?" I say.

They both quickly hug me and we stay like this for a good 30 seconds before Matthew clears his throat.

Right.

Matt and I get into his car and drive away to the airport...... or so I thought.

I look back and see Jenny and Lori waving at me and I wave back.

Soon enough I don't see them anymore nor do I see the house I used to live in for the past six years.

Now my new life at a new place will begin.
.
.
.
.
Or I'm gonna sit in this car for hours

"I can't believe you're driving us all the way to New York, that's a 7 hour drive Matt! I exclaim.

Matt has an amused look on his face.

"It's the end of the month Fran, and I'm already paying for the moving truck and all that, we can't afford a plane ticket right now". He says.

I huff in annoyance. Then I think about what he just said.

Money has never really been that much of an issue before. It's making me worried.

"Is money really tight right now?" I ask.

Matt looks at me for a moment, "not for long hun, I told you my old job was just having some trouble, once I start my new job everything will be back to normal money wise". He assures me.

I smile at him.

"Driving all the way to New York still sucks though". I mumble.

Matt chuckles. "it's not like it's you whose driving, I'm doing all the work here" he says laughing lightly.

Then I get a bright idea.

"How about i drive for a little bit?" I ask.

"No". He says with no hesitation whatsoever.

"Why nooot?" I whine.

I know I'm being annoying but I'm bored out of my mind.

I've been doing nothing for two hours now.