Chapter 34

Zach's POV

It's safe to say that after a long and thorough discussion with Matt....I- against my better judgment- have decided to give my children's grandmother a chance at making things right.

I didn't tell him I'd get in touch with Agatha right away. I told him that I'd have to think about it a bit. But....sigh.

I'm not as optimistic as Matt, I don't believe people can change, at least not so late in life. But I couldn't bare the disappointment that I was sure I'd see on Matt's face if I had rejected his efforts.

And he has so much hope to make things perfect in this family, which I suppose I should be glad of since he seemed to not have any of it just a few weeks ago when my parents first visited.

Speaking of my parents, they are leaving today. Going back to Italy. But a stranger seeing this scene in front of me would think they were going to space.

"Oh I'm so going to miss you!" My mom coos.

"Grandma! I can't breath!" Dan exclaims.

Francisca giggles at the scene, she was just done from a round of suffocation herself. While my dad shakes his head at his wife.

Once my mother finishes with Dan she turns to Ivan who holds up a hand, anticipating her next move.

"Sorry grandma, I'm afraid you're done with hugs today".

She gasps in mock outrage "you'd stop me from loving my own grandson?"

He nods, and she gets a disappointed look on her face just before he takes her off guard and kisses her cheek.

My father turns to me while my kids and their grandmother are saying their last goodbyes...like I said it's like they're going to space.

"You going to be okay?" My dad asks.

I lift an eyebrow. "Are you asking about Matt again?"

He shakes his head "I trust you know what you're doing, I trust you know how to take care of your family".

I nod in a small thank you. My father and I, we aren't emotional people. I had trouble with this my whole life, but I'm trying to be better, and I think I've made progress, with my kids, with my work life, with Matt.

When they finally leave, and the kids are about to head upstairs to hang out in their rooms, I stop them.

"There is something I want to talk to you guys about".

***

Ivan's POV

When dad asks us to go speak in his office, I have a bad feeling. Mostly because of the serious look on his face.

I can tell I'm not the only one nervous. Fran is obvious about it. Can't hide her expressions even if her life depends on it.

Dan is the first to initiate conversation once we are all sitting down and dad is behind his desk.

"Is everything okay?" He asks.

"Yes, well it depends mostly on you". He answers.

That peaked our curiosity.

"I believe Fran told you about how Agatha came into contact with her".

Dan and I look at each other and nod in unison.

Dad sighs and runs his hand through his hair-something he does when he is stressed.

"Well, how do you feel about coming into contact with her?"

Dan and I's eyes widen. We haven't seen or heard of grandma Agatha for a long time, it's been a while since we've even thought of her. It's why we were so shocked to hear that she and Fran talked. We were never close with mom's side of the family and that included her and grandpa. We were a bit hurt too when Fran shared her experience with Agatha, but to be honest, we got over it very quickly.

"Grandma Agatha wants to meet with us?" I ask.

Dad nods. "Matt and I think it would do some good for this family". He says through gritted teeth.

He obviously has doubts about this, but why?

Agatha and Grandpa Mitchell were never quit close with us as far as I remember, they barley visited and when they did, I remember mom being super stressed about it.

Did they not have a good relationship? I don't even remember, it was so long ago when we last saw them.

Even after Fran and mom disappeared and they came here a few times, they never really talked to us.

"Would you guys be okay with that?" Dad asks after he sighs again.

Dan and I look at each other to see what the other thinks.

I have no problem with relatives visiting, and we haven't seen Agatha in a long time, she already has contact with Fran now so I don't see the big deal, she'll probably disappear again afterwards.

I shrug "fine by me" I say. Dad turns to Dan and finds him nodding his head agreeing with me.

Dad stands up "okay, I'll make arrangements, and I want you to know that if she says or does something....weird you tell me immediately"

Then he just leaves us with this cryptic warning.

"Why do you think dad's so worried" Dan asks.

I shrug "we'll find out eventually".

*************************************************

Thank you guys for reading!

Don't  forget to comment and vote!