Chapter 16

Francisca's POV

My dad was fucking crying. Oh my god this is really messed up. He definitely knows, he definitely definitely knows! I turned to Matt panicked after we got out of the principal's office and he just smiled a comforting smile at me but it didn't reach his eyes, because he knows too. He knows that my father knows.

The meeting with the principal ended with all four of the guys getting 2 week suspensions.

And me leaving — well basically raced out of there by Matt — punishment free. Which duh, is the right outcome. I haven't really done anything but try to stop the stupid fight with stupid James. Who is a giant asshole.

Matt and I are having dinner right now, and it's quiet, we aren't really saying anything.

So, I decided to break the ice. "So...what a day huh". Really? That's the best I could come up with?

Matt smiles a small smile at me "you can say that again". He says.

There is a pause for like a few seconds and then I start up again.

"My dad knows about me" there I said it! It's the elephant in the room! I had to!

Matt's eyes flicker at me. He nods his head. "I know" he says.

"Is that why you were in such a hurry to leave after the meeting ended" I say half sobbing half laughing.

Matt's eyes soften and I can see he is sad. "I guess as it turns out.... I wasn't ready for your dad to know either" he says.

I get up from my chair that was opposite to him and go to his side of the kitchen table and wrap my arms around him.

He hugs me back and we stay like that for a little bit.

I didn't want things to go this way, I wanted to tell dad myself. Who knows what he's thinking right now, and how he's gonna approach all of this, approach me.

Matt and I end the hug. "You need to talk to your father tomorrow, you have their address now right?" Matt says and asks to which I nod my head.

"Good, you're gonna have to talk to him now, before he approaches you instead, you could even not go to school tomorrow and everything is going to be okay"

I nod my head in agreement, not sure if he is trying to convince me or himself.

Zachary's POV

I'm pissed. Actually I'm beyond pissed.

Once the meeting with the principal ended, Francisca and Mr Parker got out of the office so fast that I barley got another glance at my daughter.

My daughter who is back.

I don't know who this Mr Parker is but I don't like him already.

I couldn't exactly run after them and I had Dan and Ivan to think about right now.....and interrogate.

Because Dan knows about Francisca. Probably Ivan too, I know how these two don't keep anything from each other.

And they said nothing to me. They didn't tell me how their sister is back, they kept it from me and I had to see her again by total coincidence.