11. 𝓖𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓾𝓹 𝓸𝓻 𝓭𝓸𝔀𝓷?

When we reached home , Dhwani was already asleep

I was going to carry her to our room but after a second thought I lightly shook her awake.

She groggily walked towards our room.
If anyone saw her now, they would misunderstand this as sleepwalking.
I lead her into the room.

Upon reaching there , she laid down on the bed and started sleeping. Again.

I smiled at her cute pout then gently removed her earrings and let down her hair. As I was getting up she held my hand and in her sleep she whispered with a small smile.
"Love you Veer"
"I Love you too Ms Taneja"

*

"Are you free today? " Dhwani asked.
"It depends. Why ?"
"I thought we could talk to Karthik. About the divorce. "
Veer stiffened.
" I'll take a leave. " He said nodding.

"I'm supposed to join back on Monday." Dhwani said. Not looking into my eyes.
"Good. There are pending work. "
"I know. I'll complete them fastly once I join back. "
"I know you will. "
Saying that I left the room.

*

Karthik Iyer was the family advocate of the Singhanias after his father's retirement. Like Mahika, they knew him from childhood. Rehan and Karthik were inseparable even then. Pulling each others leg or someone else's.

He is a great advocate and an experienced legal advisor. The fame and respect for the Singhania's were because of his hardwork too. Looks like we'll be paying him a visit today.

"May I come in ? "
"Bhaiya, Bhabi aap? "
"Come sit. Make yourself comfortable."
"Nice office Karthik" Dhwani complimented.
"Thank you bhabhi. " He replied warmly.

"Any particular reason for your visit?"
"Yes actually." This time it was Veer who spoke.

They looked at each other making sure both of them wanted the same.

"We are here to talk about our divorce. "

"Oh. We can..... Wait your what??? "
"Can we behave like professionals Mr Iyer. " I inquired in my business voice.

"Of course Mr Singhania. May I know the reason. " He asked still not completely convinced.

"It's complicated. Can we just move on with the procedures? " Dhwani asked with an ice cold glare.

"It's not that easy. This is a mutual seperation. Am I right?"

We both nodded.

"Good. "
"There are three conditions required under section 13B of the Hindu Marriage Act for a divorce.
The Husband and wife must be living separately for a period of one year or more. Which ofcourse you were not.
Second , That they are unable to live together. And third both husband and wife have mutually agreed that the marriage has totally collapsed. Hence marriage can be dissolved. As far as I know , you guys don't have any problem living together so I'm guessing it's the third ? "