° 11

The day has been lovely, Ever since Astraea and her best friend fix their relationship, everything is great. It's like nothing ever happened, and Astraea likes it that way.

She was busy doing her homework in her bed when she heard something hit her window, she didn't mind it until there was something that hit her window again, she groan to herself and stand up to check it. When she looks down, nobody is there.

"Stupid little kids" she muttered under her breath. Before she close that window, another rock went straight to her room, nearly hitting her.

"Doll!" Astraea heard a voice yell. the first thing she saw is Paul, who was grinning widely at her "What are you doing here?" Astraea asked him "And what the hell are you thinking? Throwing rocks on my window and nearly hitting me, you're not thinking." She added

"I just want to see you." Paul said with a smile on his face, "Can I come in?" He asked and she nod her head. She heard him climb on the tree and then jump on her window "Careful." Astraea said as she step back "Nice room." He said and smile "Thank you, mister." She chuckled and sit on her bed.

"Can I stay here for tonight?" Paul asked as he sit beside her "Why?" Astraea furrowed her eyebrows "I and Dad argued, again" Paul sighed as he look down. Astraea's eyes softened, she can't help but feel bad for Paul. His dad is abusive but Paul didn't want to admit it, He said his dad is the only relative he has a connection with.

"you're always welcome to stay here." Astraea smiled, as she moved closer to Paul  "Thank you, love." Paul said and wrapped his arm around Astraea

"Tell me where the mattress is so I can get it."

"You will sleep on the mattress?" Astraea asked, her eyes slightly widened "Yes, babe" he replied.

"Sure, it's in the next room." She said as turn her attention to her assignments again "Be careful, Mom might hear you." Astraea said, her eyes still on her papers.

"Is her room beside yours?"

"No, it's downstairs" She glance at Paul and smiled but didn't say anything. "Your house is quite big," Paul said in amusement, Astraea didn't reply for a few seconds "Yeah." Though it isn't just quite big, it's really big.

"How many bedrooms do u have here?"

"We've got 12 rooms." Astraea answered, "Some are small and some are big." She added.

"You want to shower?" Astraea offered suddenly "What would I wear?" He asked Astraea. "I still have the t-shirt and shorts you let me borrow," Astraea told him.

"And there is a washing machine inside the bathroom, I could wash your clothes for you." She added in case he wanted a spare close but Astraea thought to herself that Paul is used to being shirtless.

"No need, doll." He chuckled at her hospitality. Paul didn't use to people taking care of him, even though Emily is feeding him and caring for him like a son or a brother.

"I should probably get the mattress already," He said as he walked to the door "Oh, no no. I'll get it."

"You love me." Paul chuckled, he put his hand on his heart and pouted, Astraea walked past him, chuckling to herself.

"Yes, but don't spoil," Astraea said, then, close the door behind her.

By the time Paul came out of the bathroom, Astraea had done her assignments. She asked him if he liked anything after he told her what he liked, she goes downstairs to get chips.

They stayed up until 1 am, laughing and whispering into each other's ears.

When they were kids they use to sleep over at quills house, they were quite close.

It's a cold night, Astraea asked him if he could sleep beside her because of how cold the night is and Paul is warm, so Paul ended up sleeping beside her.

Paul left at 8 am because he got a phone call from Sam. Sam is asking him if he could go to Emily's place, though he didn't tell Paul why.

After he left, Mabel came knocking on Astraea's door, she told her that it was time for breakfast.

While their eating, Mabel spoke, "I'd like to meet the boy." Her voice is firm
"Who's the boy?" Astraea asked and gave her the most clueless look, but deep inside she what her mother is talking about and she doesn't want to talk about it, especially in the morning while having breakfast "Don't give me that clueless look, Astraea." Mabel said, "Oh, you mean Paul?" Astraea said

"You meet him more than five times, You knew him, Mom. Since we were kids."

"I still want to meet him," Mabel said nonchalantly "Fine" Astraea turned around to grab her phone while muttering to herself "I'll call him," Astraea said as she dialed his phone number

"Miss me already?" Even though she can't see him, she knew what expression he has right now on his face "Paul, Mom wants to meet you"

"Ah, sure. I'll be there, wait for me" His voice is calm, it's like he's not nervous, and for Astraea, it's a good sign "Bye, be careful" Astraea said before she hung up.

"He's on his way," Astraea told her mother who was waiting impatiently in front of her. "Good, I shall start preferring more foods," Mabel said as she left the dining table.

Astraea decided to stand up and sat on the sofa, she thought to herself how her mother know about Paul, they were careful last night. They didn't make any sound. For about half an hour, Astraea sat there, happily daydreaming.

A ring of a doorbell had woken Astraea from her daydream,

"He's here," Astraea said, loud enough for her mother to hear, she stand up from the sofa and walk calmly to the door. She put a bright smile on her face before she opened the door for her beloved Paul

"Doll" Paul smiled, he move towards her and embrace her tightly, it's funny to think that they had been away three hours from each other but it looks like it's been a year "I finally enter your house from the front door." Paul chuckled "You seem so happy." Astraea smiled "Finally meeting your mom."

"You say finally too much" Astraea laughed as she led him to the dining table where Mabel prefer different kinds of breakfast.

"Hello, Mrs. O'Dell." Paul greeted Mabel as he held out his hand "Nice to meet you, Paul." Mabel smiled as she shook his hand "Please, seat," Mabel said politely.

"It's a pleasure to have you here, Paul," Mabel said as she take a seat "The pleasure is all mine, Mrs. O'Dell," Paul said while rubbing his hand on his thigh because of how nervous he is "Please call me Mabel." Mabel chuckled.

"We should probably eat, Maggie is coming in a few minutes."

"If you don't mind, who's Maggie?" Paul asked as he furrowed his eyebrows "Your math teacher, Ms. Margaret Jones."

"Oh, I didn't know Ms. Jones has a nickname."

"She said she's Astraea's godmother—"  Paul added "Hello, People." Maggie chirped as she entered the dining hall "I knew it is you, Paul. I saw your car outside"

"Hello, Ms. Jones" Paul smiled at Maggie "Call me Maggie" Maggie smiled back as she take a seat beside Mabel "Mabel, didn't you know that Paul is great at math?" Maggie shared "Really?"

"Yes, he's great," Maggie replied, Astraea take a glimpse of Paul and she saw his face redden for a few seconds, Astraea knew Paul wasn't used to people complimenting him because of his academics.

Astraea took Paul's hand under the table and hold it tightly, she knew where this conversation will go "You're great at your academics, Paul?" this is the reason why Astraea doesn't want Paul in her house or near her mom.

"Well, I'm okay" Paul chuckled, but his tone didn't seem that he was happy. He glances at Astraea for a brief moment before he returns his gaze to Mabel and his food. He's uncomfortable

"Mom." Astraea said, her voice tight, must be because of what she felt "What?" Mabel turns her head towards her daughter.

"Let's not talk about academics for our breakfast, shall we?" Astraea asked, "Sure if you want to." Mabel replied and dig into her food again.