25

Chapter Twenty Five - Stability

One month later.

"Jude?" I call as I close the door and set down my keys.

"In the kitchen!" He replies and I make my way through the house.

"Hi." I greet after I set down my things and embrace him from behind.

"Hey dove. How was therapy?" He asks as he finishes cutting the vegetables before turning around to kiss me deeply.

I pull away with a wide smile before winding my arms around his neck. "It was good. We're delving into my childhood now which is so exciting."

"I'm green with envy!" He gasps playfully and catches the grape I throw at him.

"How was work?" I ask as I take a seat at the kitchen island.

"Amazing!" He grins as he takes off his apron to come and pick me up. "I'm finally caught up on everything!"

"Great! Now you have no excuse to not visit your family!" I cheer and his happy expression drops as expected. "Oh, come on Judah!"

"Cameron isn't awake yet Macy." He sighs as he takes a seat on the couch and rests his head back. "I can't leave you. I need to be here."

Me and Judah eventually transferred Cameron to a hospital in the UK once he was more stable. It's very near the house which is a bonus and eases my worry. Judah was previously living with Kenzo and Aiden but he suggested we move to another one of his properties for privacy.

After a week of getting through interrogations with the FBI, paperwork and a lot of healing everyone was free to go. News circulating about the Quintana empire has died down now and thankfully mine and Cameron's identities weren't released.

Rodrigo and Ben have moved to Spain where Ben is from. They're currently traveling and are in Japan right now. I contacted Elenora as soon as Cameron was stable and let her know what happened. She had come by to check up on him in Venezuela before finding her family again. She's currently catching up with them in Brazil and we're planning to meet up soon too.

The Falcon team have returned to America but we all keep in touch. Me and Reece have become quite close and text almost every day whereas Cole and Judah are the same. We all have a group chat with Griffin and Parker included since they're so busy all the time and texting them one on one is terrible. Alejandra is working on dismantling her father's operations and removing herself from that way of life too. She's promised to visit as soon as she's done.

"Jude...what if Cam doesn't wake up for months?" I start softly as I play with his hair. "You can't keep your family waiting. I'm sure they miss you and want to see you after all that's happened."

"I'll think about it."

I sigh and nod before making my way back to the kitchen. He follows right behind me and pulls me back against his chest. I close my eyes when he rests his chin on top of my shoulder and presses a kiss to my neck.

"I'll check for plane tickets after dinner."

"Good." I smile as I turn around. "They've waited enough Jude. I can't imagine how worried your parents must've been when you were in hiding."

"I just don't want to leave you here alone." He grumbles before kissing my nose.

"I'll be fine. Now, go get ready." I gently push him towards the staircase. "We only have twenty minutes."