Hard to imagine Motherly Side

Aishwarya's POV 

There was gift box on nightstand with a note, 'wear this and get ready, I'm taking you out. It's a surprise. Tell everyone we are going to temple'

There is saree. I took shower and wore it. 

Everyone were in living room when I went downstairs

Everyone were in living room when I went downstairs. Anil and Rehaan teased me, I don't wear sarees even when mom insist for big parties. Neetu came to my rescue.

Mom was happy seeing me in saree. After breakfast Vicky took me to temple. We offered prayers. Then Vicky put ring on my left ring finger. 

"Mom wanted to give give it to you, it's her mother's. Aishu, the ring I made you wear when I proposed, I never saw you wear it..." he hesitated 

"Sorry, I threw it in the ocean, I was angry..."

" I'm not surprised, it's not your fault... about Mangalsutra..." he took out mangalsutra from his pocket

"Vicky..."

"Please, let me complete... I didn't break mangalsutra Aishu, Nikki did. It was stuck in my shirt. I kept in the letter I wrote with a note apologizing for giving this way.

I saw it in your dresser yesterday morning, got it fixed. You may not want it since it brings bitter memories... but I married you wholeheartedly, it's symbol of our marriage..."

"You promised to tie it in my neck, you took months" I accused

He looked at me in surprise

"What are you waiting for?" I asked

He tied mangalsutra in my neck

"Thank you Aishu"

"Seeing the note Nikki wrote, my heart broke. I couldn't believe everything you said that day were lies, buying mangalsutra with your first salary, grandma's saree... i couldn't. I didn't have the heart to throw away mangalsutra and that saree"

"Thank you Aishu. I wouldn't have surprised if you destroyed them. That saree was special to grandma, grandpa weaved it, he learnt and weaved it for their 25th anniversary. She gave it to me to give it to my bride.

After the tragedy in our family, elders wanted to keep us away from the trauma. Me and Nikki grew up with her. We both love her so much, used to fight about whom she loves the most. 

Grandma used to tell, she will be born as my daughter after her death" he said emotionally 

I held his hands, as much as I want to hug him, I can't...we are sitting inside temple

"Nikki would be dying inside for everything she did. She hates your family but trust me Aishu she didn't have any idea of us getting married and intimacy. If she knew, she wouldn't have forced me to break up. She is not that bad to destroy your life that way. 

She trusts me that's why she chose me to make you fall in love. If it was not for me, she wouldn't have let you stay with a guy for a night. 

She has no idea that our love is so intense that we could cross all the boundaries. Maybe I should have told her. I'm not saying this to make you forgive her, I can't forgive her myself.

I'm not justifying her actions. Seeing Vishal and Tanvi aunty is breaking my heart. 

I just have a request, please let her hold our baby... she believes it's our grandma" he asked holding my hands

I nodded

"Why didn't Vishal and Nikki get married yet?" I asked 

"She wanted to get married... after mine... you know only dark side of her...she is just two years elder to me but she takes care of me like a child. She tells everyone that I'm her first baby" he said in tears

It was hard to imagine of that side of her. She was always hostile towards me.

"She loves you now Aishu, I know it's too late. Remember I told you, 'Nikki seems  hostile for outsiders but once she loves, she would give her life for loved ones'

She is in Mumbai" he said 

"Mumbai? Why didn't she come home?"

"She knows mom and dad are not angry with her. Though I'm angry with her, she knows I don't mind having her home. She also knows you would never object  if she comes home but you are not comfortable with her, hate her... scared of her..."

"She is not home because of me?" I asked 

He nodded

"Let's go home, everyone will be waiting" he said 

We both returned home