8.'Dining'

Rumble is seated on a baby chair positioned between his mother and father. Slim is coddled at his mother's bosom.

"They're both so adorable," coos Deneo.

"Did you notice, the little madam looks like mommy and the tiny mister like daddy," adds Lucky tickling Rumble who gurgles at him, then brushing Slim's back.

"Now that you mention it," starts Deneo looking over them again, she affirms "I see the resemblances."

The waiter takes their drink orders and leaves.

"So this is Deneo, love," Lucky introduces to his wife.

"Hey. I'm Nara," she says from across the table. "I read your story. And I was so eager to meet you."

"Which version of it," Deneo longs to express, but merely gives her a soft nod. "I was excited to meet you too. I love your Instagram."

"Oh thanks dear."

"It's a pity though we don't see much of this little one," Deneo expresses fixing Slim's collar.

"His father's become more strict about plastering on social media," Nara says smiling at Lucky.

"I'm merely protecting my own", he asserts, "because like I said to Deneo, there are many creeps on the net.

"Love," Lucky expresses looking at his wife, "I hope you can persuade her not to broadcast so much about her personal life."

"Saying what?" Deneo chips in.

"You're so defensive when it comes to this book," Lucky slaps.

"I'm not defensive, I'm just protective too."

"Oh cute," booms Lucky.

"She seems dead set honey, just let her be," Nara soothes.

"Okay, but don't come crying to me when there's a backlash. I've warned you several times," is Lucky's stance.

"You have," Deneo affirms.

"On a lighter note, shall we order?" Nara puts forth, looking at the menu as she hushes a temperamental Rumble. Lucky takes over, asking her what's wrong.

"Are you hungry darling? Let's pick out something to eat. The sooner the better," Lucky relays shifting the menu in front of Rumble. As though apprehending, this activity dissolves her temper.

"What are you having Deneo?" Nara asks as her eyes roam around the menu.

"Steak, chips and salad?"

"Nice... I think we'll have that too Nara says looking over at Lucky.

"Double cheese burger she surmises at him. Lucky smiles. "You know me so well," he expresses gesturing to a waiter.

"Hi...Kyle," Nara says reading his name tag. He nods with a smile holding his memo pad out. We'll have two steak and chips, both well done?" Nara poses looking at Deneo. She raises and lowers her eyebrows signalling a yes. Kyle nods asking "anything else?"

"A double cheese burger with chips please," Nara mails.

"Okay," is his terse reply.

"Can we get an extra saucer with the order."

Kyle winks at her not taking a note down. He walks off and Lucky spills "he just winked at my wife right in front of me." 

"I noticed," inserts Deneo.

"The gall," Lucky retorts.

"Oh honey-" starts Nara.

"Hm?" Rumble says looking up at her mother. Deneo laughs.

"That happens often," Lucky informs with a chuckle.

"I've suggested other pet names for each other. But here and there we forget," Nara remarks with a smile.

"What were you saying love?" Lucky queries after some silence.

"About?"

"Kyle, who just winked at you in front of me."

"Oh. I don't think he meant anything by it."

"Sure," Lucky coos rolling his eyes.

In minutes their food is ready. They enjoy their meals and leave together. Lucky showing Deneo around their suite.

"If you could come in from 10 tomorrow, that would be so helpful" Lucky sends. Deneo nods saying "sure, is that when you're leaving?"

"I leave at 09h30."

"Okay."

"I'll be gone the whole day."

"Oh. Alright."

"Till 5 to be precise."

"Sure. I'll stay till then."

"Thanks we really appreciate this Deneo," Nara says walking into the living room with Rumble at her hip.

"Don't mention it...

... I should go then," Deneo utters standing to leave.

"We'll see you tomorrow," Nara shouts after both her and Lucky, the latter walking Deneo out.

"So how was it?" Lucky almost whispers as he closes the door behind them."

"A burden lifted", she whispers back. "I was trying not to do or say anything stupid the whole time."

"Oh shame. I didn't mean it that harshly. I ruined your night dear."

"You didn't. I'm usually like that whomever it is that I'm meeting."

"Is that because of them again?" He seeks, his eyes pooled with pity.

"That too but I've been like this for as long as I can remember. I'm shy in social settings."

"Because you're so sweet, you need to be on your guard."

"You think I'm sweet?"

"Of course you are. Those dimples don't make things any easier too", is his lavish response. Deneo scrunches her face not sure what to make of it.

"You're cute is all I meant. But I should go now," he says turning his back to her.

"Rest well?" He says glancing at her, his hand on the door knob.

"Thanks" is all she can get out, she blushing fervently at his gaze.

Lucky disappears from sight and Deneo shakes her head going in her suite.

"He said I'm cute!" She shouts on the inside.

And then her mood takes a turn when she gets out of her bubble noticing the two, Maya and Austin, are still with her.