Chapter 21 - The Man, The Myth, and The Fucking God

(A/N - Y'all stick with it. It gets much better once we get to water 7 I promise!)

Everything was literally going perfect. We found the city of gold, got some answers to some questions, and got to see all of these historical buildings and ruins.

I don't really see a way this could go wrong...

.

..

...

...Oh boy, me and my big mouth.

"The City of Gold, Shandora... The Golden bell that must've been in the center of the city isn't there anymore." Robin said, looking at the beanstalk we have stopped in front of. I nodded and added on;

"The belfry for that bell might've had the ancient words of Ponyglyph engraved somewhere on it."

Robin nodded and we continued. I decided to add on to something that was said earlier.

"So, if this city fought to protect the Ponyglyph and fell for that reason, shouldn't it still be hidden somewhere around here?" I looked to her as we walked.

"Yes. Most likely still in the spot it was hidden in all those years ago."

"Hmm, darn! I wonder where they hid it!" I hit my fist on my palm and yelled.

"Is this...a rail?" Robin muttered, and I looked over.

"Looks like it... Do you think they hid the Ponyglyph in the clouds below rather than above?" I asked. It was unlikely, but that's why it would be good to hide it there.

She chuckled and looked towards me, "No, I don't think so. The Ponyglyphs are solid stone, and the bell would be too much for the clouds to carry, it would fall straight through to Jaya."

"I see..." I responded.

"Looks like something was taken out from here." She added, looking at the rails again.

"Yeah... I wonder what it was." I responded. I really wanna see a Rio Ponyglyph.

I heard a laugh from behind us and it immediately irked me. I shuddered and turned around simultaneously with Robin to the mans voice. I turned my body to the voice, shaking from his low booming voice. From my understanding, everyone on the island except our crew and Conis are our enemies, so this guy immediately scares me.

"Isn't it amazing? Even after being shot up to the sky, the city, Shandora, still majestically exists like this." His voice boomed through all of the ruins. He laughed again, tossing the apple in his hand.

"Even if it's a legendary city, if it's covered by clouds, it can't show off it's figure .I'm the one who found it. Those stupid former Gods didn't even notice this city."

"Former...Gods?..." I muttered only loud enough for Robin to hear. Or so I thought...

He laughed at my remark and finally, Robin spoke up.

"Who're you?" She questions, still not facing him. He stopped throwing his apple and had a certain look on his face that I couldn't pin-point. Like he was bored, but smiling.

"God..." Is all he said, as he took a bite of his apple. He looked back at us while chewing, "You two are pretty good." He looked towards Robin, "You seem to be an archeologist from the blue sea." And then looked to me, "And you must be her assistant."

Robin stifled a laugh and I growled at her. I turned to 'God' and said, "No, I'm not her assistant, I'm just interested in history. Though I would love to keep working with her."

He looked at me, his smile fading slightly. I didn't falter. It there's one thing I hate, it's being looked at as weaker. I know I may be, but I still don't like it.