26) The would be brother-in-law!

Song dedicated to this chapter- levitating by Dua lipa!

******

"Shakti Veere, talk to me atleast. What happened, I have been observing from yesterday you are not talking to anyone, not even me." Rehmaat asked Shakti. Only to meet the silence once again.

"Ok, I get it, you are upset since Manavi's in laws came. They arrived yesterday and your mood has been sour since than. It's because, because of your crush, right." As Rehmaat completed her sentence, Shakti's eyes were pooled with a bit of hesitation and accusations.

"Don't look at me like that. Veere, I am a Psychology student and will become a Psychologist one day, don't underestimate my observation skills. You behave the same way around Manavi as I behave around........" She halted as she realised what she was about to say.

"I know Veere, it hurts to see someone you have crush on with someone else, but Manavi is happy. I have seen the happiness in her eyes when she talks about her would be husband. So please try to move on, I have faith that one day you will get the true love of your life, who will love you with every ounce of soul in her body. Please don't be sad Veere." Rehmaat tried to cheer Shakti up.

But Shakti just gave a curt nod and tried to depart from there. Only for Rehmaat to hold his wrist with one hand and dig into her pants pocket to search for something.

"What are you doing Rehmaat?" Shakti asked irritation quite audible in his voice.

"I am doing this see." Rehmaat got something out of her pocket and showed Shakti.

It was a beautiful bracelet with Veera written on it

"You know I saw this online 5 days ago and as soon as I saw it, I knew it was meant for your wrist from my side ofcourse. So I ordered it and it came yesterday evening, I wanted to give it to you yesterday itself but I couldn't find you." Rehmaat tied the braclet on Shakti's wrist with a smiling face.