𝖝. It changes everything

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍:It changes everything(1690)

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍:
It changes everything
(1690)

"EDEN," Caius says in panic as he barges into Eden's chambers

"EDEN," Caius says in panic as he barges into Eden's chambers. Eden looks up from the book she was reading, confused and worried by Caius' tone and expression.

"What happened?" Eden asks, placing the book on her wooden table and sitting on her bed.

Caius paces, a hand to his forehead, and Eden's eyes follow his movement. "Jane and Alec saw me return from the village. They knew where I've been."

Eden suddenly went alert, standing up, placing both of her hands on his shoulder, and locking him in place. "When did they see you?"

"A few minutes before I came here," Caius tells her, and Eden sighs heavily.

"We're already late, and your beloved is in danger." Eden urgently tells him, taking her cloak. Caius looks at her in confusion. "Whatever do you mean?"

"If Jane and Alec saw you, they would have informed Aro about it, knowing Aro he-"

"He's going to order to kill her." Caius finishes her sentence, he then says, sounding hopeless. "Eden, please, save her,"

Caius kneels before her, which shocked Eden, taking both of her hands in his, "Please."

Eden takes his hands, helping him stand back up. "I'll see what I can do," Eden says, hastily walking towards the dungeon, taking the hidden passageway. She ran towards the village, but she was already late.

No.

No.

No.

The village was burning the grey smoke enveloping each hut, Eden ran towards where she had seen Caius before, and the hut was already ruined. She then sees in piles of burning wood a woman's body, her face half-burnt.

Eden releases her vapors, removing the burning wood from the woman's body. Eden crouches down, carrying her body and hiding somewhere in the forest.

Eden checks the woman's pulse, and she finds none. Eden closes her eyes. Caius will be heartbroken, devastated beyond compare. Then Eden looked at the woman, her skin was burnt, but half of her face wasn't.

So, Eden does what she thinks is right. She places a bite on the woman's neck, delicately and carefully, not wanting to ruin the skin any further, she knows it wouldn't work, but it was worth a try.

She lays the body on the ground. Looking around, she covers the body with large leaves from a banana tree. She needs to get Caius and tell him what happened.

And when Eden finally got herself and Caius out of the castle unnoticed. Caius kneels on the ground, taking the leaves that cover his beloved's body, and he releases a heartbreaking sob, placing his hand on her face.

"Oh, my love, what have they done to you," Caius agonized, bringing the body to his chest, a hand behind her head. They rocked back and forth.

"Caius. We have to bury her." Eden tells him, her tone soft and calculating. The sight before her was heartbreaking, a kind of pain that she did not wish to experience.

"I'll shall do it," Caius tells her, standing up with the body in his hold. Caius carried the body until they found a field of flowers. Caius laid her on the ground as Eden returned to the castle and got a shovel. Caius took it from her hold, then began digging a hole.

Eden just stood, observing Caius silently crying, drowning in his sorrow. "What's her name?" Eden asks him, trying to comfort him. It wasn't good to leave him with his thoughts. And Eden never asked him about the human. The less she knows, the better, but when it comes to this, Caius need to talk to someone.

"Elizabeth." Caius shortly and grimly answers. Eden nods, then asks. "What was she like?"

"She was the sun, so bright, so joyous, she sees the good, and she sees it in me," Caius answers. Finally finished digging, he lifts the body, placing it on the hollow ground. Eden picks some flowers in the field, handing them to Caius.

Caius takes it from her, placing it in her beloved's hand. Caius looks at Eden and then tells her with a voice filled with agony, "Do it please, because I cannot."

Eden purses her lips, nodding as she begins to cover the body with dirt until it is done. Caius kneels, placing rocks on the soil, aligning it as if it was a cross.

And he sobs.

Eden doesn't know how he will ever recover from this.