Chapter 8 - I Hold the Heart of a Princess With Mine...

"Gwarsh, look at that!" Goofy points upwards, as we land in Hollow Bastion.

I walk forward, something...familiar sparking, "I know this place..." I murmur.

"Hmm, that's strange," Goofy scratches his head.

"I wonder why..." I hold a hand to my chest, "I feel this warmth inside, right here..."

Could it be Ane...? Is she somehow...connected to me?

"Aw, you're just hungry," Donald says, walking up beside me.

I turn to him, leaning forward, "hey, I'm serious!"

A roar catches out attention, and we start making our way up, "let's go!"

"No vessel, no help from the Heartless..." Riku's voice?

"I simply believed," comes a deeper – much deeper – voice, "nothing more to it. When our world fell into darkness, Belle was taken from me. I vowed I would find her again, no matter what the cost. I believed I would find her. So, here I am. She must be here. I will have her back!"

"Take her if you can," Riku responds.

We all run up to see some sort of beast run up and try to swipe at Riku, who leaps back, something in his hand.

He lunges forward and strikes at the...I'm gonna use a nice word and say 'beast', making him collapse forward.

"Stop!" I exclaim.

Riku and I stare for a moment before Riku gives a small chuckle, "so, you finally made it. About time. I've been waiting for you. We've always been rivals, haven't we? You've always pushed me as I've always pushed you."

"Riku..." I murmur, stepping forward slightly.

"But it all ends here. There can't be two Keyblade masters."

"What are you talking about?" I ask him, completely confused. I have a Keyblade...does that mean he does too?

"Let the Keyblade choose...it's true master!" Riku holds his hand out, and I gasp, holding onto my Keyblade with two hands it suddenly acts like a magnet, pulling towards Riku. It disappears from my hand, reappearing in Riku's!

"Huh!?" I exclaim.

At the same time, Donald and Goody exclaim, "what!?"

"Maleficent was right," Riku murmurs, and points to me, "you don't have what it takes to save Ane. It's up to me. Only the Keyblade master can open the secret door and change the world."

"But that's impossible," I gasp, shocked, "how did this happen? I'm the one who fought my way here with the Keyblade!"

Riku scoffs, "you were just the delivery boy. Sorry, your part's over now. Here, go play hero with this," he throws over a wooden sword...

No... I drop to my knees, my mind whirring. What's going on? Why did the Keyblade chose him? Does that mean someone else could have Ane's? Could he have her Keyblade?

Donald and Goofy come up beside me, looking after Riku, who turns and walks away in the other direction.

"Goofy, let's go," Donald demands, "we have to remember our mission."

"Oh! Well, I know the king told us to follow the key and all..." I can feel Goofy's eyes on me as I just shake my head, clenching my fists, "but..."

Donald walks off, and after a small while, Goofy does too.

"Sora..." Donald? Are you staying? "Sorry..." He runs off.

Ane...I'm so sorry...

Someone moves beside me, and I see the beast from earlier, trying to walk. He ends up collapsing. Seeing him struggle as he tries to get up again, I dart forward, holding a hand to his shoulder, "hey, don't move. You're hurt."