Chapter 6

♤ Ayaan ♤

Finally it was the wedding day and I was happy because of two reasons. One, it's my brother's wedding man! And second, the love of my life, the Noor of my life is coming.

I didn't wanted any mistake in my brother's wedding and everything was done by me and Abbas.

I still remember how excited Noor was at the news of Ahmad and Aleema's wedding. She wanted to do everything for her favorite Bhaijaan and Best Friend's Nikkah. But unfortunately couldn't do anything.

"I'm here!" Here is the voice I was so desperate to hear.

And then she entered the living room with a wide smile which has the power of brightening up the darkest of nights. Her arms open to engulf everyone in a bone crushing hug, pouring all her love in those warm hugs.

I watched with a small smile playing on my lips the way she hugged Chachi and kissed her cheeks. The way Ammi kissed her forehead. The way Chachu patted her head and the way Abbu's eyes softened seeing the bubbly girl in front him.

I saw Abbas and Ahmad complaining about her late arrival. She held her ears muttering a sorry looking up at them with her doe eyes. Her lips forming a small pout.

She looked so innocent that even the devil could melt at her sight. Then Abbas and Ahmad are just her beloved Bhaijaans. How couldn't they forgive her. They wrapped her in a group hug kissing her forehead lovingly.

"Ayaan Bhaijaan, what are you doing there. Come here and join us." She called peeking her head from between her brothers shoulders. And who am I to reject?

After we were done with our group hug Hadi came along with Adnan Phupha and Salima Phupho.

And in a short while we all left for the bride's house. Noor ran for Aleema's room to ask for her forgiveness and to meet her best friend.

After a few hours a chorus of 'Mubarakan' were heard and the Malik Family welcomed their new daughter-in-law with happy smiles and open arms.

Just when I went to have a glass of water I saw Hadi whispering furiously at Noor and her face looked tired from everything.

"Is everything alright?" I asked not being able to stand and just witness the worried expression of her.

"Yes, just some personal matter of husband and wife." Hadi said with a smile but the meaning his words held didn't go unnoticed by me.

Giving him a single nod and sparing a glance at Noor who looked apologetic I left that place.

Ya Allah! Isn't my love pure enough to make Noor mine?

~ ~ • ~ ~

Kyun Khuda ne di laqeerein
Jisme zaahir naam nahi tera
Likh raha hoon dard saare
Yun toh shayar naam nahi mera

Itna bhi kya bewafa koi hota hai
Yeh soch kar raat bhar dil ye rota hai

Asal mein, tum nahi ho mere
Tum nahi ho mere
Tum nahi ho mere

~ ~ • ~ ~