Chapter 11

♧ Hadi ♧

Finally Ahmad is married and a big load of tension is off my shoulders. I can finally relax and live a life of contentment with my wife.

It was early in the morning and Noor was serving everyone tea. The doorbell rang and Noor was quick to attend to the visitor.

She opened the door and our neighbor Wadiha aunty came in with a beaming face and a box of sweet in her hand.

After greeting each other she finally fed us with the news we wanted to know.

"My daughter-in-law has given birth to a boy." We congratulated her with happy smiles but they soon turned into tight lipped ones.

"Your son married before my son right, still your bahu hasn't given any good news yet. Is everything alright?" And here comes the venom we all despise.

With fake concern slapped on her face and a sickly sweet tone she asked Ammi. And I can see the gears turning in her head.

For god's sake, we are married for 2 years only. It takes time for a few to conceive. But who will make these people understand.

"We will plan for it soon aunty. Don't worry." I gave my reply to her and after giving a few advice, which I really didn't wanted, she left.

And then it started. Ammi started to eat my ears off by ranting on and on about her worries.

"Go and meet a doctor tomorrow." I don't know why Ammi always comes under other peoples manipulation.

But I know better than opposing her. Abbu tried making her see some sense but she wouldn't budge.

After nodding at her in agreement I looked at Noor and I can sense her discomfort. Not her fault though.

Done with all this drama I went out for office and drowned myself in the work.

At night when I came back it was only Noor waiting for me. Ammi and Abbu were already asleep. After freshening up she served me food and I ate in silence.

Returning back in my room I was resting on the bed with my back to the headboard and arms shielding my eyes.

In a few hours I heard some commotion indicating that Noor is back. I watched with hawk eyes as she removed her makeup, showcasing the fading prints of my fingers.

I felt a pang in my heart but again it's all her fault. Why is she so adamant on leaving my side. She always runs back to Ahmad, leaving me with empty arms.

Flashback...

A 10 year old Noor was playing with her  best friend Aleema in the backyard of Malik house. Abbas and Ahmad were playing with their football. Whereas Hadi and Ayaan were engrossed in their game of chess. The weather was pleasant and with it the mood was jovial as well. Suddenly an ear piercing sound of crying was heard by all. Looking around they saw Noor sitting on the floor and crying her eyes out.

"What happened?" Ayaan asked while looking for any injuries. Hadi wrapped Noor in his arms, wiping her tears and trying to calm her crying self.

"Sorry Bhaijaan, we were just playing and the ball hit her from behind making her fall and scraping her knee." Ahmad said with a remorseful look.

Ayaan shook his head and went away from there. Everyone was trying to stop Noor from crying. Soon she was just sniffling and complaining about Ahmad to Hadi.

"Ahmad Bhaijaan...kicked the...ball" Hadi just listened to her complaints, promising to teach Ahmad a lesson.

Soon Ayaan came back with a first aid kit and started to clean Noor's wound. Being 15 years old he was the most responsible one. Noor held Hadi's hands in a tight grip hissing because of the antiseptic.

Being done with her scratch Ayaan gave her a small smile. "See, all done. Our brave Noor." With this he ruffled her hairs. Noor gave him a full blown smile feeling good because her Ayaan Bhaijaan praised her.

Ahmad and Abbas came forward holding their ears and seeking forgiveness from their princess. Noor didn't wanted to forgive but then Ahmad offered Chocolates to her. Well, who says no to chocolate. Noor ran out holding Ahmad's hand with an equally greedy Aleema, who is demanding Chocolates from Ahmad and a still sorry mumbling Abbas trailing behind.

Leaving Ayaan with a soft smile and Hadi with hurt in his eyes and again, with empty arms.

...End of flashback

~ ~ • ~ ~

Teri umeed tera intezar karte hai

Ae sanam hum toh sirf
Tumse pyar karte hain

Ae sanam hum toh sirf
Tumse pyar karte hai

~ ~ • ~ ~