Chapter 14

♡ Noor ♡

The moment we stepped in the drawing room, Salima Phupho bombarded us with questions.

"What did the doctor say?" Hadi was silent with an emotion less face. "Ammi I am tired and we will talk about this later in the morning."

He tried to dodge off the interrogation. But Salima Phupho was quick enough to stop him. "How much time will it take to answer a simple question. Just answer me and go to whichever planet you want."

She tried to scratch out the answers but Hadi wasn't in the mood to share any news. "Ammi I said na. We will talk about this in the morning." Why isn't he simply answering the question?

"What happened Hadi? Is everything alright with the reports?" Adnan Phupha tried to ask but this caused in Hadi's distort.

"Can't you all understand? When I said that we'll talk about this in the morning then why are you forcing me?" He busted out his anger.

We all were shocked because Hadi may misbehave with me but never in his life did he raised his voice over his parents. And it was the reason for my concern. What did the doctor say?

He was about to go when I held his hand looking up at him with my pleading eyes. "Please?"

His eyes softened and then diverted. Without meeting my eyes he uttered those words almost in whispers. Maybe praying that we fail to hear the truth.

"Noor can never become a mother." Those words sounded like thunder claps to my ear. I was stunned and frozen on my spot.

I saw Salima Phupho shaking Hadi and Adnan Phupha having a tensed face. Their lips were moving but not audible to me. I felt my head spinning.

I saw Hadi coming towards me but before he could I succumbed to unconsciousness.

I tried to open my eyes but was greeted by a pounding headache. A groan left my mouth and I felt someone sitting near me.

"Noor" Opening my eyes I saw Hadi sitting on the bed beside me. Phupho and Phupha are standing near the edge of bed.

At first I was confused looking at their tensed expression but then the nightmare came crashing down and tears swelled up in my eyes.

I looked at Hadi who had a worried expression plastered on his face. His soft eyes met mine and he cupped my cheeks, his thumb stroking it in an attempt to calm me down.

I couldn't control myself and broke down crying hysterically resting my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me whispering consoling words in my ear.

"It's...It's all my fault. I didn't...wanted a ba-by for now. Allah punished me. He...He punished me for this Hadi." I said in between my crying and could feel my head hurting.

Hadi kept holding me and I found my eyelids drooping slowly. My mind exhausted from all the crying.

He helped me lay on the bed and pulled the blanket upto my chest. He patted my head and with it I felt sleep consuming me.

~ ~ • ~ ~

Tujhse naraz nahi zindagi
Hairaan hoon main
Ho hairaan hoon main

Tere masoom sawalon se
Pareshaan hoon main
Ho pareshaan hoon main

~ ~ • ~ ~