Chapter 16

♤ Ayaan ♤

It's raining outside. Usually I find this kind of weather pleasing but tonight it seems gloomy.

On any other day I sit on the couch near the window, enjoying the  drizzly wind. I like the coolness of atmosphere while reading a book and sipping on my black coffee.

But tonight it feels like this rain wants to convey something. Maybe a bad news or is mourning on someone's lose.

Who it is...I don't know.

My chain of thoughts broke when someone knocked on my door. It was Ahmad. He peeked a little from the door opening it just a bit and after my positive reply he came inside sitting on my bed like it's his own.

"Don't you need to do your packing? You should be with Aleema at this hour of the night." I said frowning a little.

He gave me his I-know-it-all look which said he already knew that I must be thinking about...

"Noor."

He said knowing me too well. But something is different tonight.

I am missing Noor tremendously. Of course it's normal for me to miss her but tonight I'm worried about her. There is an unsettling feeling in my heart. Which is really uncommon.

Is she okay?

I missed meeting her yesterday. Ahmad informed me that she was here. But again I was busy in some meetings.

Only Allah knows when will I get to see her.

I let out sigh and talked to my brother for a while. I had to literally push him out of my room. I know he is worried for me but now he got a wife who must be waiting for him. He needs to fulfill his duties and I don't want to be a hinder in between his responsibilities.

After he was gone I looked out of window. It wasn't raining anymore but the sky was still dark with depressed looking clouds roaming in the vast residence of moons and stars.

Then I crash on the bed, hitting the pillow with my head and let my worries exhaust me into sleep.

I woke up by the sound of doorbell and someone banging on our front door. I came out and saw that everyone was out by now.

"I'll check." Saying that I went to open the door and was shocked to see her.

"Noor." The word came out as a whisper.

She was a total mess. I felt a lump in my throat seeing the love of my life in this condition. Her hair was disheveled. Their was a cut on her forehead and finger prints on her cheeks. She looked up and my heart ached to see her blood shot eyes full of tears. Her lower lip trembled and she stepped forward wrapping her arms around me. Trying to seek some comfort and burst out crying.

"Bhaijaan."

~ ~ • ~ ~

Raah mein roshni ne hai kyun hath chhoda
Iss taraf shaam ne kyun hai apna muh moda
Yun ke har subah, ik bereham si raat ban gayi

~ ~ • ~ ~