Chapter 11- Fearless Worries

--Lucian POV--

While she was a graceful beauty that drew peoples' gazes without knowing, she was understandably a scared person too. After being betrayed in the way that she was, she's definitely become someone with trust issues, too scared to invest so much of herself into something in fear that she'll only end up losing so much more.

And I found myself wanting to assure her.

She had nothing to worry about, but I also know that words aren't enough to soothe her, she'll have to see it with her own eyes.

"You don't need to worry about that, trust me. My mother is at a point where she'll be happy to see me marry anyone. Wealth, looks, background, she won't care, honestly. You could be a psychopath, and she'll thank you," I scoffed at my own words, knowing it was all true.

"If you're going to speak nonsense then at least make it believable," She rolled her eyes, but while my words may not have assured her of anything, they did enough to cause her to laugh, something I found myself enjoying the sound of. She had a cute laugh.

And with each passing minute that I spent with this woman, I learn more and more about how pathetic of a man Donovan is for letting such an amazing person slip right through his fingers. Honestly, the only excuse I can think up for him is that he's been taking a delusional drug that caused him to act irrationally, and even then, that's still not a good enough excuse.

"Wait, wait, wait. How are we going to-"

 I cut her off, knowing that whatever she was going to be asking this time was only another worry that she was overthinking.

"-Mother," I joyously called, picking my lips up into a grand smile.

"Lucian? Goodness me, where have you been? I've been looking for you, you rascal. I wanted to introduce you to a few women who've travelled across the world to come see you, let me-" I quickly pulled Angelina forward, and that was enough to leave my mother speechless.

And my mother was a woman who rarely lost her words, seeing her so silent was quite odd, I'm not sure whether to take it as an insult for Angelina or a compliment.

The two had a short staring contest, but it was more like my mother was wondrously gazing at Angelina in awe, while Angelina was thinking up something to say.

I'm guessing it was a compliment.

"Süsse, would you care to have the last dance with... me..." My father approached from behind, his words losing themselves as he came to stand beside my mother, and he caught sight of me, and then Angelina who stood beside me.

"Um... Hello, my name's Angelina Russo. It's lovely to meet you," She dipped her head down slightly as she introduced herself, a small smile creeping onto her face as I felt her begin to relax beside me.

"Angelina Russo. That's a familiar name, where are you from?" My father was the one to ask as my mother was still stuck in her trance, which I can't really blame her for. 

She was beginning to lose hope in getting me married, and was possibly expecting me to bring home a pet cat if anything at this point, but she ended up getting Angelina, someone that was revered in this world of business as flawless.

"Milan. I own a perfume company there," She's too humble to put into words. 

I guess I understand why my mother is speechless, I was the same when I got to properly know her that day at the hotel bar. You wouldn't expect for such a stunning person who owns a multi-billion-dollar company like her to have such a humble personality to add to it.

But maybe, if you think about it, you would expect it. To create such a successful, high-branded company from the ground up would require a lot of good personality. And Angelina had that, an interesting personality.