Chapter 6

"Nathan, why do you love me?"

Despite asking this question each time we had our little competition, I still repeated it over and over again.

"I don't know"

His answer was always the same.

And each time that I heard his answer, my hand would shake as I held my glass of wine. Each time, I would look down in a sudden wave of dejection.

"But I know that I love you"

And each time that Nathan would give his first answer, he would quickly back it up with another one.

"Why?"

"I told you that I don't know. I'm not even sure when my love started. You saved me from the depths of hell.

When I was dying and weak, you took me in and made me stronger. You raised me. Taming and training the demons within me. Maybe that's why I love you.

But then again, I'm sure there's something else to it"

I looked up at Nathan once again, my eyes hazy.

What he said to me as a confession of love, was the complete opposite of what he had said to Paisley in the novel.

Since it was my favorite scene, it was clearly imprinted into my mind.

[Nathaniel spoke to Paisley with his head bowed. The question if Nathaniel only loved Paisley because of her powers had once again resurfaced.

"I told you that I know. I'm very sure when my love started. You helped me to see heaven.

When I seemed as the strongest and most invincible, you taught me about all my weaknesses. You saved me.

Destroying and vanquishing the demons within me. I'm sure that's why I love you.
I'm sure there's nothing else to it"

Nathaniel looked at Paisley with eyes full of kindness]

The scene that was happening with me was different.

Nathan looked at me with a stern gaze. His expression was creepy.

"I've told you that I belong to you. You are my master. And I love you.

I was happy that you've ended things with that Ronald. To be truthful, I had been planning to murder him after my debut. Making you free from any man but me"

There was a dark look of possessiveness as he looked at me, reaching out for my hand.

I smiled at him, moving my other hand towards his face.

My fingers traced every inch of Nathan's face. Finally stopping at his chin. I raised it up, making his face look up as I stood from the chair.

I got unto the table, still raising his chin.

My actions were the same each time.

"Don't move"

I leaned in close.

My following actions were different from each time that I won our drinking competition.

I kissed him hungrily on the lips.

Containing his surprise, he didn't move but stayed in his position, just as I had ordered.

I continued to kiss him. He didn't reciprocate the kiss due to my command but I knew that he was enjoying every moment of it.

After feeling satisfied, I redrew from the kiss, then sat on his legs, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Why don't you ever ask me if I love you?"