Chapter 16

The Southern part of the Empire was known for it's mysteries back when the nation had just been founded. There had once been rumours that the most powerful families here in the South, were all associated with a witch, who blessed them with wealth and supernatural powers.

I'm not so sure about the witch and wealth part, but after my years of extensive research, I had come to understand a few mysteries and powers that existed in this world. I myself, wielded a magic of some sorts. This power of mine, is among my trump cards.

The power of hypnosis. This power enables you to control a person to do any series of actions you wished. All you need to do is stare into the eyes of the person you wanted to control and say your command.

This power was only possessed by those who inherited the special blood of the Deor family, and their rare dark purple eyes.

In the novel, this special power wasn't mentioned, so I was rather lucky to have discovered it the time I was ten years old.

You may think, I'm overly powerful right? Being able to control people to obey my every command just with a mere stare. But this power had some conditions you had to meet, before being able to hypnotize a person.

First of all, hypnosis could only work at night time. Secondly, hypnosis could not work on those who were strong minded or inherited even a small amount of the Deor special blood.

Thirdly, to use hypnosis, you had to have a very strong mind. If not, you could end up going crazy yourself. Fourthly, you had to be in a room with a lit candle.

The fifth condition, and being the biggest drawback was the fact that hypnosis could only be used three times, in every ten years. Even if the attempt to hypnotize a person was unsuccessful, it would still count as an act of using your power.

Therefore the power had become a rare opportunity. After discovering it when I was ten, I exhausted the three times limit for a decade and found some books that talked about the mysterious power.

I was currently twenty two years old. Ten years had passed and I had my three attempts for this decade.

Now I had used one attempt in trying to hypnotize father into signing to make me the heir of the Deor family.

I had suspected that it would be unsuccessful but I still wanted to make an attempt.

'Two more times remaining'

"Why not make me the heir of the Deor family? All you need to do is sign some papers" I asked sweetly.

Father clucked his tongue in contempt. "Then you'd kill me off once I've done so"

"Me? Kill my own father? Whatever makes you say so?"

"Please spare me your act"

My finger tapped father's desk impatiently. I stood up from the chair then went to the front of the desk, standing before father.

Due to me being shorter in height, he looked down at me, while I glared at him, not feeling intimidated even in the slightest.

We both glared at each other with hatred.

If not for the fact that he had to sign and affirm my inheritance, just as he had said, I would have ordered Harper to slice his throat a long time ago.

And the same went for him. He would have killed me a long time ago, if not for the fact he wanted to study my power of hypnosis.

"Is that why you don't want to affirm my inheritance because you're jealous of me? Jealous that your daughter possesses the powered of hypnosis which was sadly, not passed unto you"