64: Last Day on Earth

Everyone was panicking and doing what they could to comfort Maggie while they got quickly got ready to transport her to Hilltop.

"Here," Jack said, throwing Elle's utility jacket at her. It was a dark green that Maggie said really brought out her eyes. Ever since, that was always her go-to jacket. "Who's getting guns and ammo?" He asked, almost out of breath from all the running around.

"Carl and Enid are in the armory right now." She said, putting her knives in waistband before putting her jacket on.

"Whoever is coming, let's go!" Abraham's voice boomed from the bottom of the stairs. Elle grabbed the bag she had filled with food and medicine for the overnight trip and hurried down the stairs, following her brother.

She quickly threw her stuff into the RV and went around to the back to help Abraham with the gasoline containers. "I got the guns." Carl announced, quickly running over with a full bag.

"Enid?" She asked, noticing he returned alone.

"She decided to stay." He didn't even look at her as he spoke, and his tone was the same tone he used when he lied but made it believable. She knows because she usually goes along with half of his lies.

"I got a half a bag of water bottles." Ryder said, approaching the vehicle.

"Are you coming?" Rick asked. Ryder shook his head.

"No, you guys got this. I can look after Judith, too." He handed Rick the bag, who gave him a small 'thank you,' before passing the bag off to somebody already in the vehicle. "Be safe." He warned Elle.

"You too." She watched as Ryder went back inside the house just as Aaron approached them.

"We're ready to protect this place, and the Saviors know it." He started. "That's why they grabbed Eugene."

"Look, it's not up for discussion." Rick said, closing the storage compartment under the RV, not agreeing with Aaron's request to come as well.

"Then you're just gonna have to punch me in the face and tie me up again. That's what it's gonna take to stop me." Aaron was very adamant about helping Maggie. It was clear that the two of them had some sort of bond and he wanted to be there for her.

"Go on." Rick said, allowing him to come with them. "You too." He told Elle as Gabriel approached him. Elle quickly climbed into the RV.

"We about ready?" Abraham asked her. She nodded.

"Just about."

"Let's do this." He said, holding his hand out for a fist bump. Sasha refused to fulfill it, so he turned to the blonde, who happily gave him a fist bump before going to the back to check on Maggie.

She was sweating like crazy, even though it was cold outside. "Hey, how are you doing?" She lightly grabbed Maggie's hand. Maggie squeezed her hand as she winced in pain. "You're going to be okay, we're gonna get you to Doctor Carson and he'll help you." She spoke in a soft tone. Maggie nodded frantically, wanting to get on the road to get to him sooner. The sound of RV door slamming caught Maggie's attention. "We're leaving now."

"Can I talk to her?" Aaron asked, startling Elle.

"Yeah, of course." She slowly stood up and let go of Maggie's hand before leaving the area. "She'll pull through." She said, knowing the question everyone was thinking as she took a seat next to Carl. He handed her the bag of guns so she could find hers. Her gun didn't have any specific mark on it or anything to indicate that it was her gun, she just knew when she held it. She pulled it out of the bag and checked the clip, seeing it was empty. "Are you alright?" She whispered to Carl as she began loading it. "You seem tense."