|Epilogue|

----
----

The orange and red leaves hang loosely upon the tree just barely managing to keep a grip on the bark. Some would make their way onto the wet ground and be crushed by the bustling students making their way toward their school
Most would talk, others would be still struggling to maintain their eyes open as sleep tried to desperately win their battle.

But one sat at a nearby bench. Waiting. For what seemed like hours. The girl waited patiently clutching her bag that lay comfortably on her lap being sure that her umbrella was held tightly in her grasp. She watched as the large group of students seemed to lessen as time went on. It was beginning to sprinkle and the girl was becoming excited by the grey, late September sky. She took in a large inhale of the smell of rain before observing her surroundings once more. She perked up once seeing a familiar purple-haired boy making his way towards her bench. Her face felt flushed as he approached and she took a quick look around to ensure no one was looking then placed her umbrella down now relying on the aid from the invisible spirit above her - shielding her from the sprinkles of water.

"Y/n! I'm sorry I'm late. I had a hard time opening up Ozzy's cat food this morning. It was like it was glued shut or something." Kuboyasu huffed. Y/n smiled staring at his damp hair before stretching her umbrella above his head. He stared up at the girl before accepting it.

"Have you decided on which college entrance exam you want to do? You seemed pretty motivated a couple of months ago." Kuboyasu asked the girl who smiled eagerly

"Well - that's the thing. I decided that I might just forget about the whole school thing." Y/n spoke referring to what Kuboyasu had decided that last they spoke up school. He responded with a small grin

"What made you change your mind? Don't you love the school experience?" Kuboyasu asked the girl who shook her head almost immediately

"I love the friends I made. But I'm not going to be nostalgic for this school. Or any school for that matter." Y/n frowned remembering all the days before her spirit when she would cry due to stress from all the work that had piled up. Many self-inflicted but all too real (😔)

"Whatever you decided ill support you," Kuboyasu spoke to the girl who smiled then nervously moved closer finally reaching the cover of the umbrella where she wrapped her hands around the boy's arm

"Is Saiki back from his trip today?" Y/n asked Kuboyasu who looked up in thought

"Last time, he complained that his grandpa wouldn't let him leave. It might depend on him." Kuboyasu some recalling the last time Saiki had taken a trip to his grandparents place.

"And did you... Find a place yet?" Y/n asked Kuboyasu who seemed to become excited at this new topic.

"Well, I have a few in mind! But you'll have to come over today and we can check them out together. Online of course." Kuboyasu spoke feeling his voice grow quiet as he became more nervous at the topic

"Okay!" Y/n smiled partly excited to see Ozzy.
.
.
.

"Our senior year is the most important! These tests will determine if we can have a grand future or not!" Najimi yelled at the class who seemed to already be sick of the girl having to suffer with her till May.

"Why are you all acting like this?! This isn't a subject you can brush off! Y/n!" Najimi cried rushing over to the girl's seat waiting for her comfort. Y/n ran her fingers through the girl's medium-length brown locks

"They're so much meaner! Not like the last year's class." Najimi cried reminiscing about the old class that had not treated her any better.

"It's going to be okay." Y/n smiled watching her confidence beginning to regain on her face as she turned back to the class that was silently waiting for her to yell at them again. Y/n patiently watched the class representative explode on the students. She was caught off guard by something hitting the back of her head and looked down seeing a balled-up notebook paper. She glanced around quickly seeing Aiura waving her hands violently at the girl indicating it was her who had thrown the paper ball.
Y/n unraveled the crumpled-up paper as her eyes gazed down at the tiny writing near the edge of the paper