3- Candy Floss

𝓞𝓵𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Thank you, have a good evening!" I sighed in relief as I waved the final customer out of the bakery. After a super long week of orders, cappucino making and cookie baking, Saturday was right around the corner.

I walked out of the kitchen after cleaning down the few final things and boxing up some leftover cookies to take with me up to my apartment. As I was hanging up my apron, the bakery phone started to ring.

"It's fricking 6pm, I'm closed why are you calling at this time." I mumbled as I pressed accept on the call.

"Hello?" I said into the phone. I heard some shuffling on the line before I heard a very familiar voice.

"Olive!"

"Archie? Why are you calling, honey?" I asked. I was surprised he was calling for two reasons - why was he calling, and how the hell did he get the number?

"I want you to come and play. Tomorrow is my whole full day with daddy and I want you to come too!"

"That sounds lovely, but Archie, how did you get the phone number?"

"Caroline helped me, she's soooo nice Olive, but I think you are just as nice! Maybe even nicer, but don't tell Carrie that." He whispered the last part.

"Caroline used the computer to find the phone number earlier and she wrote it down on paper and I was meant to wait until daddy got home to call you, but I was too excited to call you so I got the phone from daddy's office and put the numbers in all on my own and now I'm talking to you! Isn't that cool, Olive?"

Damn, smart kid.

"That's very cool Archie, but-"

'Archie, who are you talking to?'

The voice of Ezra drifted over the phone and I heard Archie mumble a small 'uh oh'

"Daddy! I'm talking to Olive! Can she come and see us tomorrow?"

'Olivette? Let me talk to her, buddy'

I heard some shuffling, a throat clearing and then the smooth voice of Ezra.

"Olivette? It's Ezra."

"H-hey," why the fuck am I stuttering?

"I'm sorry about Archie, I only just got home so he must have wondered off, hell, he's only 4, I didn't think he even understood how to use a phone."

"It's fine, honestly." I laughed. "A little talk with him made my day." I confessed. I have no idea how this little boy wormed his way into my heart, but I am here for it.

'Daddy, Daddy, ask if Olivette can come with us to the theme park with us tomorrow!'

I heard Archie's request in the background and mentally 'awed' that he wanted me there too.

"Um, Archie's asking if you can come with us to the theme park tomorrow? There's absolutely no pressure, Olivette, seriously."

"I would love to, if that's okay with you?" I smiled at the thought of seeing both of them tomorrow.

"great, we'll pick you up at 9am tomorrow morning then."

"Perfect." I smiled.

"Would you like to say goodnight to Archie? He's already yawning." He chuckled deeply.

That laugh did things to me that I won't admit to.

"O-of course." I stuttered.

I heard some more shuffling and then a little yawn. "Olive?"