6 - Strawberry Milkshakes

𝓞𝓵𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"-and then he kissed me again after I said yes."

Theia squealed as I finished telling her about my date yesterday. I close the bakery every first Sunday of the month, and that was today, so figured it was a good time to have a catch up with my friends.

"i'm so glad you're happy, Lettie." Sofia smiled.

"He does make you happy, right?" Danny cut in, always playing the big brother.

"He makes me really happy, guys. Happiest I've ever been actually, and Archie is adorable. I would love to be a mother to him, but I have no idea how he or Ezra feels about that. I'll wait for them to decide that themselves."

"Archie is lovely, he always orders the same thing without fail, a chocolate muffin with milk, in the green cup." Danny chuckled.

"He will only drink it out of that colour cup." I laughed. "He says it makes it taste better."

"You're already an amazing mother to him, Olive." Theia laughed as the others agreed with the statement.

"I know it's really soon, but I love them both so much." I grinned.

"Awww! Olivette's in loooove!" Sofia teased. It's been an ongoing joke from the day I met them that I can't find a boyfriend, as every man who ever tried I always rejected in some way, shape or form.

"Have you told your parents?"

"Hell no." I replied to Danny. "I know that as soon as I say I have a boyfriend, they'll fly straight over to meet him, and as much as I love them, I don't want to force that on Ezra right now."

"That's fair, although I miss Jo's shepherd's pie like anything."

"I'll ask mum to post you one." I laughed.

"No, but seriously, get her to post some." danny looked back at me, deadly serious, eliciting a laugh out of the rest of us.

A chime from my phone got my attention as I looked down at the screen. '

Ezra: Hey baby, you busy?

I smiled at the nickname.

Me: No, just with my friends, why?

Ezra: Ah, no worries my love, I just wanted to see you

"Just go to see him" Sofia smirked.

"What-"

"Oh, come on, Lettie, just go." Danny smiled

"I can't leave you guys, this is our catch up day." I reasoned

"Olivette. Go. And. See. Your. Boyfriend." Theia pointed her index finger at me, almost exactly like my Mother does.

"Are you sure-"

"Yes."

All three said at the same time and I sighed, knowing I would never win this argument.

Me: They want me to see you so I'm on my way noww :) I'm walking so see you in 30 mins x

he replied almost instantly.

Ezra: Like hell are you walking. I'm picking you up. See you soon baby ;)

I felt my cheeks heat up at his text.

I reached over to collect everyone's empty cups and walked to the sink in the kitchen to wash them up. I had just finished washing the last cup when I heard the bell chime.