7 - burritos

𝓔𝔃𝓻𝓪
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating on the coffee table in front of me. I looked down at the sleeping beauty on my chest and smiled. We had decided to have a movie marathon last night and after Archie went to bed, we decided to stay up and watch some more.

Olivette didn't even stay awake through the first film.

"What?" I grumbled harshly into the phone. It was 7am on a Monday and I was not in the mood.

"What a way to treat your best friend." Francis responded sarcastically.

"Yeah, yeah. What do you want?"

"I thought you would already be on your way to work by now." He voiced his thoughts.

"Yeah well, Olivette is here, and Archie's babysitter cancelled so I'm not. Anyway, why were you calling?"

"Aw! That's adorable." He cooed. "Well, I have strict instructions from the wife to bring you, Archie and this wonderful Olivette with me when I come home for dinner, otherwise aparently I won't be getting any food tonight either."

"Damn."

"yeah I know, I mean, I love Emmeline to death, but to threaten me to go to sleep hungry? That's just rude."

"Yeah. It's a shame we won't be coming for dinner then, isn't it?" I said, a slight smirk on my face.

"I know you're smirking right now you motherfucker." Francis grumbled. "Please, we haven't seen Archie for ages and we both really want to see Olivette. I guess it would be nice to see you as well." He added at the end, not an ounce of affection in his tone towards me.

"Well gee, I feel so loved, I just want to come over right now and give you a big ol' hug."

"really?"

"No you dumbass!" I almost yelled. I felt Olivette move on my chest and I stroked her hair while calming myself down.

"Fine. We'll come." I muttered.

"Yay! See you at 6. Bring your girlfriend."

I groaned and put my phone back down on the table just as I heard the sound of small feet and the opening of the living room door.

"Daddy?"

I turned my head to see Archie, his teddy in his hand. "Hey, buddy."

"Why is Olivette on top of you?"

"Um," I hesitated. We hadn't really explained to him that Olivette and I were dating yet.

"I wanted to cuddle with your daddy." her voice saved me.

"Why?"

"Because your daddy is my boyfriend." She explained gently.

"Does that mean you're his girlfriend?" Archie asked, tilting his head.

"Yeah, Archie." she smiled, laying her head on my chest again.

"Does than mean you kiss?"

"Well, of course." I grinned, leaning down to kiss Olivette.

"EWW!" He squealed as he covered his eyes.

I laughed and pulled him towards me and onto my chest so that he was lying beside Olivette. She was blowing raspberries on his cheeks, eliciting joyful giggles out of my son. I smiled to myself, we were kind of a family now.

My family.

- - -

"Is this okay?"

I looked up at Olivette, who was wearing her fifth outfit in her quest to make a good impression.