5 - Pizza dough

𝓔𝔃𝓻𝓪
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I tapped my foot anxiously against the wooden floor as I listened to the phone ring.

"Well hello, Mr Hayes, how may I help you? I'm very well, thank you for asking." He ended his statement sarcastically.

My best friend, Francis answered the phone. He was my college roommate and we both took business and economics as well. We've been friends ever since we stepped foot into our dorm.

"Look, I've got a date-"

"What? The elusive business man has a date? What a shock, I've got to tell Emme!"

I heard him call out to his wife, Emmeline before hearing her cheer in the background. They got married a few years ago and it was lovely. Against his father's wishes, Francis married for love and flat-out refused an arranged one. His mother was delighted, and his father is actually quite fond of Emme now.

"Yeah, yeah. I get it. But seriously man, I need help."

"What's her name?"

I sighed. I knew that I wasn't going to get any help unless I answered his questions. "Olivette."

'Where did you guys meet?"

"Archie met her before I did and he introduced us. He likes her more than me now."

"Wow. She has both of the Hayes boys in love. Different ways of course."

I scoffed. "She's amazing with him, she's an amazing mother figure and I would love it if she wanted that, but I won't force her to parent another woman's child. Although, she already is to be honest." I confessed.

"She sounds amazing, Ezra. All three of you should come round for a meal at ours next week." I heard the sounds of Emme agreeing in the background of the call.

"Okay okay, but what the hell do I do for this date"

"I have a few ideas.."

I could practically hear him smirking behind the phone.

- - -

I rang the doorbell to the side of the bakery doors for Olivette's apartment. I heard some shuffling before the door opened to reveal her in all her gorgeous glory.

"Wow." I barely got the words out.

"is this okay? I know you said dress casual, but I wasn't sure so I wore this, I can change if you want-"

"Sweetheart," I cut in, "You look perfect. You're beautiful, Olivette." I tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear, making her cheeks turn the cutest shade of pink.

I'll be honest, Francis was no help when it came to planning this date, his idea was dinner and a movie and no offence to him, but that idea was trash.

I opened the door to my car, gesturing for Olivette to get in. She smiled and thanked me as she settled in the passenger seat and I ran around to the driver's side.

"So where are we going?"

"Oh sweetheart, that's a surprise. I can't tell you that." I smirked at her frustration.

I had booked us a pizza-making class, with Carlo, one of my father's oldest friends who owns an authentic italian bistro. I knew that she loved to bake, and I wanted to find a way to feed her but also making it fun.

Carlo was more than happy to do it when I phoned him this afternoon. He normally does them for larger groups, but this evening it will just be me and Olivette.

I pulled up outside his bistro. Olivette was humming a quite tune, zoned out and staring otu of the window.

"Oh! This looks like a nice place! Are we having pizza?"