32. Two Weeks to Take the Initiative

I was lying in bed, unable to sleep because one consistent thought kept going through my mind.

Why didn't Noah Archer kiss me?

I know. Something was severely wrong with me. The usual Skyler Fox would have been more troubled if he had kissed me. Now, here I was, tossing and turning in bed, unable to pass out, because when he dropped me off tonight and I'd closed my eyes... the only thing he'd kissed was my forehead.

Yeah, I made no sense, even to myself. It was just that... I thought on Tuesday we'd gotten over the whole kissing hurdle. The big step in the kissing direction had been made. And so I guess I kind of expected there to have been more kissing since.

Which had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Noah Archer was a mindblowing kisser. None at all.

Was kisser even a word?

I was spiralling. There was only one person I could blame for that. One person and his deadly, kissable lips, that had left mine very unkissed.

Grabbing my pillow, I pressed it against my face and screamed.

Maybe I could ask him about it. Right. How the hell was I going to ask him that?

"Hey, does my breath stink? If not, then why did you not kiss me last night?"

No. No way in hell. Besides, I should probably have counted my blessings that he hadn't done it. There was no point in getting used to having those lips on mine, considering this make believe relationship would be ending soon anyway.

There was a stab in my chest at the thought. Sleep deprivation taking it's toll, surely.

Groaning one last time, I put my favorite true crime podcast on my phone and hoped to pass out soon.

"Hi, I'm Evelyn Hartz and you're listening to the Evel In Them podcast, or maybe you're watching it on Youtube and wondering how I did this fabulous Elizabeth Bathory inspired make-up. I know, sick right? You can find a tutorial on my makeup channel Hartz Eyes. Now let's get down to the dark, gritty and... evil. Today's case is–"

I had no idea when I had finally managed to pass out, but when I woke up it felt like I'd barely slept at all

I had no idea when I had finally managed to pass out, but when I woke up it felt like I'd barely slept at all. And it was all Noah Archer's fault.

Grabbing my phone, I was determine to send him a message blaming his for the huge, black under eyes I surely had, when I saw a text message from him was already waiting.

Noah

i'm sorry, Skyler. Not going to school today, please ask Melissa to drive you. Sorry.

Skyler

okay, no problem, is everything okay?

Noah

yeah, sorry, can't talk right now. Sorry.