3. Two Weeks to Date the Jerk

Noah reached out, opened the front door of the school, and then stood there expectantly. 

My eyes narrowed, unsure of what he was waiting for. I had amped myself up for the task of asking him out, and now after the deed was done, I needed some serious me-time. Not to mention that, in my search for adrenaline, I had drunk two coffees this morning, and was now glad that there were still 10 minutes left before the end of class bell rang because I was going to need the toilet, and it was not going to be pretty.

Seeing as he was still standing there, holding the door like the gentleman I was sure he wasn't, it seemed that my wish for alone time wasn't going to be granted.

"What?" I barked at him through clenched teeth, and he nodded his head in the direction of the entrance.

"After you, girlfriend." He said, a cocky smirk on his lips, and his tone laced with obvious humor.

A shudder passed through me at how absolutely wrong that sounded, and I quickly dipped past him. Had I made a mistake? Could I really go through this for another two weeks?

Even though my steps were swift, I could feel him keeping pace behind me. Just as he'd caught up to me, I turned around and placed my hands on my hips, narrowing my eyes at him. "Why are you following me? Are you the overly attached type?"

"Um, we have the next class together," He answered bluntly, raising an eyebrow, and pressing his lips together -- no doubt in order to stop himself from laughing at me. "Sweetie."

Ugh, this insufferable jerk. Was this nickname thing going to be a recurring theme during the next 2 weeks? Because I was going to lose it.

I'd been so preoccupied with his little name calling that it took a few seconds to process what he'd said before that. Shit. He was right, we did share the next class. It's not like I usually paid attention to him, so could he really blame me for forgetting? As much I hated to admit it, it did kind of look bad for me though so I decided to stand my ground.

I crossed my arms over my chest, tilting my head to the side, "Well, I'm going to the bathroom first, do you want to follow me there too?"

"Depends. Are you inviting me?" A crooked smile played on his lips, and he winked.

My eyes almost popped straight out of their sockets. "N-No! Of course not!" I muttered, feeling my cheeks burn under his sapphire gaze. I quickly turned and practically ran in the direction of the bathroom, the sound of my footsteps echoing through the hall -- along with the sweet sound of Noah's devilish laughter.

Splashing my face with water did little to soothe my burning cheeks

Splashing my face with water did little to soothe my burning cheeks. I took a deep breath, trying to push through the intense feeling that I had just started something very dangerous with a guy I knew nothing about.

This was the most contact I'd had with Noah in my entire life. If we were ever at the same party, I made sure I was at the opposite end of the room. When we were on school trips, I took the seats farthest from him.