Chapter 14: Painful Secrets

"Again, I'm so sorry."

"And like I said, it's no biggie" he chuckled. "I can see why your uncle, aunt and cousins are so fond of you."

"Yes?"

"Yes" he chuckled. "You're kind, sensitive, and courageous. And the list goes on."

"I doubt I'm that courageous. I tend to get scared easily and well, I have to force myself to do the right thing even when it's beyond difficult to."

"That's what having courage means...doing what's right even if you're scared."

"I suppose" I said, realizing that though I did not feel courageous, in some instances I have displayed it.

"Why don't we sit down and talk in the den" he suggested.

We sat down. The huge comparison between us was the clothing we were wearing as I was wearing regular clothes while he wore a white Kandoura with a red and white checkered Shmagh, as well as a black Bisht with gold fringes.

"So what do you want to talk about?"

"I want to get to know you. Like I said, your cousins and Ragheb and Jihan have said nothing but good things about you."

"I see" I sighed. "I'm sorry, I'm just not really used to being around celebrities or much less, royals."

"It's okay. It's a different world from the one you're used to. There's nothing wrong with that."

"Yes, but it's hard for someone like me..." I suddenly regretted that last sentence. "I'm sorry, I'm not even sure why I said that."

"I can see you've struggled a lot, both physically and emotionally."

"Have they said anything about well, me?"

"If you mean your past, no" he chuckled. "Though, I am a good listener if you ever do want to talk."

"Talking is hard for me to accomplish at times. All I can say is that aside from certain traumas I've dealt with, I've lost a lot, and...well, one of those losses was my dad."

"I'm so sorry for your loss."

"Thanks" I said, leaving out the fact that Ben, one of my best friends, was killed in front of me while out and about, and all because of Santi. Just one of the many joys I've had to endure after returning to the states.

Holly was also with us, who was pregnant with my child but had kept it all a secret from my mom. This had been the result of when we slept together after getting high on weed when we returned from Turkey six months ago, from Seda's wedding.

This was one of the many reasons why I took my life even more seriously than before and purchased the auto shop. I needed a form of income for both my family and for when my child came into the world. But sadly, that night had taken not just one life, but two – as Holly ended up miscarrying because of how scared she had been after Ben was shot.

But these secrets were things I could not yet reveal to my uncle and aunt. Holly and I remained friends because we cared about each other, but we had agreed to never talk about that night, especially the fact she had been pregnant. It was something extremely painful to us both and talking about it was only going to cause more harm than good.

He and I wrapped up the conversation by giving me his cell phone number, which I did not expect, and this coming from someone who was beyond a celebrity because of his status as a member of the royal Ruling Family of Dubai.