Chapter 26: Strong Relationships

"I'm sorry for how Hassan and his family treated you" Cielo apologized on their behalf when really, it should have been them doing the apologies.

"It's fine...don't worry about it. It is what it is and now I saw how loyal Hassan is and how judgmental his parents are. I swear, I never want to see that family or him, ever."

"I don't blame you. I've been friends with him for years and I never imagined he would get this judgmental. Then again, weed is like nothing despite it being illegal here."

"At the end of the day, I'm the one who messed up. I should have been more careful and maybe, I should have tried finding an alternative but I chose the easy way out. Now, I'm paying the consequences for it."

"Don't talk like that. You didn't do anything wrong and you shouldn't beat yourself up for it."

"But I feel guilty. It's one thing my friendship with Hassan going downhill, it's another you losing his and his family's friendship over something I did. I did not want that to happen and now I'm the bad guy. Well, I'm the one that caused it."

"No, they caused it. They should have given you the benefit of the doubt and they didn't. So don't beat yourself up" she sighed. "Let's just have fun on your last-minute date and forget about those people and Hassan. That idiot disappointed me in so many ways today, I'm not going to talk to him unless he apologizes to you."

"Even if he does, I will accept his apology but I might not be too keen on taking him back as a friend."

Omar

Omar

***

"It's not like he deserves it."

"Yeah, but ironically Taline had my back."

"She's cool but I know what she did to you. But I have to say she really stepped up to defend you and she has been friends with the Hamza/Bukhash family for a while."

"Yeah" I sighed.

"She still loves you. I can tell."

"I know she does" and I still had feelings for her but she and I were done and Cielo and I were together now. Though, I was not going to tell her that I still had feelings for Taline while having them for her at the same time.

"Cielo, I want to say thank you for everything. I never imagined you'd be such a good girlfriend and one who would instantly give me the benefit of the doubt without thinking twice."

"You deserved it and I was more than happy to be there for you" she smiled.

She held my veiny hands and then pulled me into a hug. She held my head on her lap and caressed it as she ran her hands through my thick strands of hair.