seventeen ; early birds

Misun groans in annoyance as she hears her phone buzz repeatedly. Disoriented and still half asleep, she slowly leans over and grabs her phone. She blinks in surprise as she sees the time and the texts just below it.

———

Friday, 5:32 a.m.
joon

joon
wake up and put on
exercising clothes
joon
we're going on a run

———

"What the...?," Misun trails off as she reads the texts from Namjoon in her tired state. He wants her to go on a run with him? At 5:30 in the morning? On a Friday?

She sighs tiredly and closes her eyes, not bothering to text him back. She lays in bed for a few more minutes to mentally prepare herself before she finally gets up, walking over to her dresser to grab some clothes.

She pulls out some high-waisted, black shorts that have two purple stripes on the sides and grabs a purple graphic t-shirt to match. Misun then grabs a sports bra and some socks from the top drawer, pulling everything on in clumsy motions.

As she walks into the bathroom, she hears a dull buzz come from her phone which she can only presume to be Namjoon. She quickly pulls her hair up into a high ponytail and then snatches her phone from the bed, speed-walking into the kitchen to grab a granola bar.

As she rushes into the hallway and locks the door behind her, she checks the notification that she heard a few minutes before.

———

5:39 a.m.
joon

joon
i'm waiting outside 😁

———

Misun sighs tiredly once again, wondering why Namjoon suddenly invited her to go on a run with him in the first place. He knew that she hated waking up early. Not to mention, she wasn't the most athletic person in the world. Sure, she went through random phases of wanting to get into shape but her plans always fell through. She was either too busy or too tired to stick to a work out routine.

As she walked through the halls of the building with squinty eyes due to the fact that she was still tired,  she concluded that she was going to have to demand answers from Namjoon.

He better have a good reason for waking me up so early, she thought grumpily.

Misun finally made it out of the building, pushing through the double doors and into the outside world. It was still dark, the air smelled crisp and fresh, and not a single person was in sight. Misun smiled in content.

The perfect setting for a morning run.

She spotted Namjoon not too far away and made her way over to him. He noticed and with a huge smile, waved at Misun. "Good morning, sleepyhead," He said once she got close enough.

Misun crosses her arms over her chest and looks up at him with a teasing glare. "What is the meaning of this, Namjoon? You know that I like to sleep in."

Namjoon raises his eyebrows, a cocky smile growing on is face. "Oh, we're using full names now?" Misun doesn't reply and continues to stare, waiting for him to explain. She wasn't going to let him change the subject so easily. He immediately gives in, making Misun smirk triumphantly. "I just wanted to get you out of your gloomy apartment and help you build up some muscle, that's all."

Misun cocks an eyebrow.

Namjoon sighs and relents. "I also really wanted to hang out with you," He says with an endearing smile.

Misun couldn't stay mad at him. How could she with an adorable confession like that?

"Aw, how sweet," She coos teasingly, making Namjoon blush in embarrassment. He covers his face as she giggles at his reaction. "It's exactly what I wanted to hear!"

"Aish, you will be the death of me!" He cries, still hiding behind his hands.

After Misun convinced Namjoon that she wasn't going to tease him anymore, he explained the route that they were going to take and how long it was going be.

When the plan is finally settled, Namjoon hands her one of his AirPods. She takes the small device gratefully and sticks it into her ear. A second later, 'Die For You' by The Weeknd starts to play in her ears. She grins as she recognizes the song and the artist.

"Are you ready?" Namjoon asks as he places his phone into his shorts pocket. Misun nods and the pair take off down the sidewalk.

Namjoon, always the gentlemen, goes Misun's pace the entire time - which wasn't very fast. He always stayed a step ahead of her to lead the way but managed to stick with her speed.

The pair jogged through parks, past rivers and streams, and even stopped a few times to take pictures of the nature surrounding them.

Eventually, their travels led them to a lonely bench that overlooked a river. They both sat down and gazed at the moving water in comfortable silence, taking a break from their run.

It was so calm and serene. Misun wished that she could stay in that spot forever.

"I'm glad that you invited me today, Joonie," She murmured, her eyes never leaving the water. "I never want this feeling to go away."

"Me neither."

They continued to sit until the sun began to crest the horizon. After taking pictures of the beautiful sunrise, the pair jogged back to Misun's apartment building in record timing. She was feeling more energized than she has in a long time and mentally told herself to start going on more runs in the morning.

"Goodbye, Joonie," She said with a small wave. "It was a lot of fun!"

"I'm glad you enjoyed it," He replied. "I was afraid that you'd beat me for waking you up so early."

"You know, I was pretty close to doing that but I was too tired."

He looked at her in shock, clutching his chest as if he were offended. Misun laughed at his silliness and said one last goodbye before going inside the building.

She opted for the elevator instead of the stairs due to her already sore muscles and then struggled to walk down the hallway. She eventually came up to her apartment door, unlocking it with ease. As soon as she had taken off her shoes and shut the door, she plopped onto the couch with a big sigh.

She was going to be very sore for the next few days.

———

my favorite color is lavender xD