1.02 | to zombietown

[ while there might be some zed "subtext" in a chapter or two, there's not gonna be any kind of actual love triangle since i went with the whole werewolf soulmates thing. but up in my head, there's a version of this story that is a love triangle resolved by her just dating wyatt AND zed and i think about it a lot. addy and zed will still be happening... even if i did lowkey want them to break up in the third movie after realizing they were better off as friends. but don't get me started on that ]

☽︎

ZED, WANT TO INTRODUCE YOUR FRIEND?

NOW

While it may not have officially been hazing, Carson didn't like her brother's so-called initiation. She, Addison, and Bree were forced into a van with Bucky's face on it shortly after being given their official uniforms. And then, with Lacey in the driver's seat, they all drove into Zombietown, not having to fear the enforced curfew since they were human,

"Wow," Addison breathed out, looking through the window. "Zombietown."

"Buck, what are we doing here?" Carson asked suspiciously as the van came to a stop. Instead of answering, Stacey opened the van door and ushered the three newbies out onto the street.

"Zoey! Dinner!" they heard a deep voice yell. A young zombie girl — presumably Zoey — ran into a nearby home, somehow not spotting the bright pink and green van.

Carson took the time to look around since it'd been so long since she'd been to the zombie side of town. It was beautiful in its own way with lots of twinkling light gardens and varying colorful decorations. It was a nice change from the rest of Seabrook that was only a mix of pastel pinks and blues.

"Wow," Addison said under her breath, still marveling at the new sights.

But then Bucky called for their attention again, leaning out the window a bit. "Every year, for cheer initiation, we like to remind zombies that we don't accept freaks in this town." Carson frowned as Lacey handed him a carton of eggs, which he then put in Addison's hand "Egg that zombie house and you're all officially one of us."

"Yeah, right," Carson said, scoffing. She knew she was good enough that she didn't need to go through with something like this to validate her spot on the team.

Addison and Bree looked back at the house with wide eyes. "Oh. What? No, we can't do that," Addison quickly said, shaking her head.

Before Bucky could argue, they heard a new voice. "You look lost."

They all turned to see a middle-aged zombie woman at the other window of the car, who was just checking on them. But Bucky and all the Aceys screamed at the top of their lungs before driving off so fast that the tires screeched. The woman looked unimpressed at their reaction as she rolled her eyes, already over the situation.