2.05 | the lupin line

[ i'm currently home for the weekend from school and won't get much writing done, but please enjoy this second anti-addison chapter. i'm very much looking forward to the comments on this and the next chapter. big things are coming ]

☽︎

SO, BUCKY'S A WEREWOLF TOO, THEN?

Wyatt still had a tight grip on Carson's hand as they entered the cave where the wolves lived

Wyatt still had a tight grip on Carson's hand as they entered the cave where the wolves lived. But as soon as the den was revealed, calling it a cave was an insult. The room that greeted them was enormous with a tall ceiling and shining lights achieved by moonlight bouncing off mirrors to illuminate their surroundings. There were many sections that branched off and each tunnel had a different symbol painted above it, likely giving directions in the written language of the werewolves. And countless wolves were there to greet the new arrivals — though none could've been older than their mid-twenties, proving that their older members really were unwell.

Wynter threw out her arms to officially present it. "The wolf den!"

"Wow," Addison breathed out. Carson nodded in agreement, eyes glued to the tall ceiling with different decorations and structures hanging from it.

"It's okay to be impressed," Wynter said, proud to show off their home.

"Our language," Wyatt said while leading them through the room. "Awoo, Carson! Awoo, Addison." Carson smiled but then it faded as she felt as if she'd heard howling like that before, knowing that Wyatt was welcoming them somehow. "That means welcome," he confirmed.

Trying to fit in, Addison let out a howl, attempting to mimic Wyatt. "Awoo!"

Wynter chuckled and glanced back at her. "Ostrich boots?"

"No, I think Addison meant 'awoo'," Wyatt said, howling a welcome once more.

With a nod, Addison tried again. "Awoo."

"Polka dot unicorn?" Wyatt asked, biting back an amused smile.

"Cool, where?" Wynter asked excitedly.

"Oh, no. Sorry, um, awoo!" Several gasps sounded as Addison let out a high-pitched howl. Many of the older wolves began covering the younger ones' ears.

"Whoa, whoa, language," Wyatt scolded her. "There are were-pups around."

"She needs to put a pebble in the swear-wolf jar," Wynter declared.

Then, much to Carson's amusement, nearly all the young wolves repeated Addison's howl, filling the den with the curse. Addison's eyes went wide. "I am so sorry."

No one asked her to give it a try, but when the howling stopped, Carson let one out herself. "Awooo!" she let out, keeping her voice exactly as Wyatt had. For some reason, she knew it was correct even before they told her.