2.01 | werewolves aren't real

[ heehee here we go ! zombies 2 has begun. they aren't five year olds anymore so i get to have actual tension and romance and shit i love it

also, it's gonna be v interesting to see what y'all comment throughout this chapter ]

☽︎

TELL ME HOW I MAKE YOU FEEL.

NOW

Cheer Camp — one week in the middle of the woods at a luxury cabin with an insane obstacle course challenge. It was a week of straight competition, pitting cheerleader against cheerleader while also cutting off their communication to the rest of the world, including shredding any letters they sent out or received.

It was brutal. Carson loved it.

The competition season was still a few months away, and after losing Nationals the year before, Carson was desperate to win something and rub it in another's face. She'd even joined the volleyball team since it didn't interfere with cheerleading. And yes, they had an undefeated season just like the football team, landing another trophy on Carson's trophy shelf at home. To make it worse — mainly for her friends — she was making most things into a competition. Who had the best grades? Who could build the biggest sand castle at the beach? Who could recruit the most new members for the squad? Who had the highest tolerance for spicy food?

The answer to all of those was Carson, though Bonzo had her sweating on that last one.

"I can't believe we're finally at cheer camp," Addison said from her spot next to her cousin. They were approaching the large cabin that would house them for the next week. "It's a place where everyone belongs! We're a unified squad and—"

"Split up!" Bucky ordered, cutting Addison's gushing off.

Carson snickered, seeing how Addison's face fell. Surely, she'd heard all the stories about the different ways to compete at camp. "Usually unified," she said under her breath in a slightly mocking tone.

With all of the cheerleading squad gathered, Bucky addressed them with a smirk on his face. "You've all heard the stories of bloodthirsty monsters who roam these woods, feasting on innocent cheerleaders," Bucky said, trying to scare everyone.

"Boo!" the Aceys suddenly shouted, jumping up behind Bree and Bonzo. It spooked them enough to hold onto each other, which had Carson grinning slyly.

Bucky chuckled at their fear. "Well, those stories are just silly make-believe." For a moment, Carson looked out at the Forbidden Forest, a part of her not so sure, though she wasn't aware as to why. "But you'd better believe we're gonna break you down and build you back up into peppy little cheer machines like... Lacey!"

The blonde Acey stepped forward, doing a toe-touch as everyone clapped.

"Stacey!" She threw her arms up and grinned brightly for the crowd.

wild things | wy. lykensen ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara