Chapter 6: Lin Feiyi's provocative move

The banquet started shortly after.

Everyone sat in their corresponding seats and paid attention to the stage where the hostess made speeches.

The host was none other than Lin Feiyi's friend, Ling Xiaoning.

Ling Xiaoning held the mic in her hands, scrutinizing Lin Feiyi, and showed off a bright smile, "Today is definitely a special day and is worth celebrating."

She continued, "Lin Feiyi is a very caring and warm being. She is an elegant and intelligent person. Her being my friend is one of the luckiest things that ever happened to me. You deserve whatever good things are currently happening to you. I hope you don't change and more birthdays to arrive!"

"I already said what I wanted to say. Now, I would like to invite the parents to give their messages to the birthday girl. Let's give a round of applause for Mr. And Mrs. Lin."

Sounds of loud applause filled the whole banquet hall.

Lin Si took the mic from Ling Xiaoning.

"First of all, I'm so happy that important people attended to celebrate my daughter's birthday" he paused and then continued, "She went abroad and barely returns! She once attended a banquet, but that was ages ago. I bet some of you might've forgotten her facial appearance. Looks like I was wrong! Y'all immediately recognized and showed importance towards her."

"She is our only precious daughter. I felt like she had grown up quite fast. I just want to say that I'm very proud of having you! Wish you happiness and long life! Happy birthday!" Lin Si spoke with enthusiasm written all over his semi-wrinkled face.

Lin Feiyi had a bright plastered on her face, yet innermost, it was filled with scoffing and sneering.

Lin Si might look like an ideal, warm and caring father, but he's absolutely the opposite of how he is.

He only cares about his own interests and benefits. He treats Lin Feiyi and his wife like a puppet on a string.

Ever since she was little, he made her do things she didn't like. She is pressured to be on the top and be the best among the best.

Su Yan cared about Lin Feiyi but was a submissive fool toward her husband.

"Let's just do whatever your father asks you to do, alright?"

She was pressured left and right.

Her mother wanted her to excel in fashion designing, piano, and ballet. Her father, in contrast, didn't want her to do these girly things and instead wanted her like chess, literature, political science, and business.

He wanted her to have connections with the Li's that trained her to be a qualified Mrs.Li.

He was devoured with greed for more money and power that he used his own daughter as a pawn for his status to be more prominent than it was.

"Alright, Let's now call the birthday girl to give her a message." Ling Xiaoning said enthusiastically on the mic.

Lin Feiyi stood up from her seat and elegantly walked toward the stage.

Everyone indulged in her elegance and breath-taking figure. Her figure and facial features were pleasing to one's eye.

They instinctively gave a round of applause as soon as she grabbed the microphone with graceful movements.

Her eyes curved crescents and then said, "I'm very grateful to everyone who attended! My friends, acquaintances, and my family. It brought a sense of great importance to my existence. I also would like to thank my fiance for caring enough to be one of the people who organized this banquet. I felt loved and special.." and then looked towards An Meiyou.