Chapter 9: Black aura effect

He grasped his head as he felt a sharp pain. It was like there were invisible sharp-edged daggers drilling holes in his head.

He squinted his danfeng eyes as his vision became smoggy mirrors. Everything around him felt like he was riding an extreme churning of the carousel.

"Are you okay? What's happening?"

"T-Th-The pois...(Poison) it's a-act-acting out." He said with difficulty as he stuttered with a shaking voice.

"What acting out? Let's go to the hospital!" Lin Feiyi spoke full of concern.

She grabbed his arm and laid it on her nape. She walked with difficulty as she assisted him to his car.

She immediately closed the car door and laid him on the co-pilot seat.

She took the keys from him and started the engine. The wheels rapidly churned as she drove with urgency.

Lin Feiyi's eyes were on the street, but she kept looking at Qin Zichen from time to time.

Lin Feiyi can hear his sharp breaths.

The next second, he coughed up a mouthful of blood. His handkerchief was stained with the blood he spat out. He wiped the corners of his lips as he panted heavily.

Lin Feiyi looked at him frantically.

He extended a hand towards her and said, "L- Let's N-Not G-g-go t-to the hospital-"

"Why!?" Lin Feiyi halted the car in a corner.

"No d-doctors could help m-me. I will go home instead." He managed to speak to her with difficulty.

"Go home?!" She asked frantically.

Qin Zichen nodded his head with a pant.

Lin Feiyi hesitated at Qin Zichen's request.

Since she doesn't know his condition, she has no choice but to listen.

She grasped the steering wheel, stepped on the accelerator, and started going the other way.

She continued to drive until she reached The Qin's Mansion.

Lin Feiyi struggled as she helped him get inside.

The lights were off, and no traces of anyone were present.

The mansion was deadly-quiet, and even her footsteps and breathing resonated in the place repeatedly.

She laid him on the couch and asked, "Are you taking any meds?"

Qin Zichen nodded, "In my room. The small white jade jar."

Lin Feiyi rushed upstairs and looked through cabinets and drawers. She found the white jade jar and bolted downstairs.

She rushed towards him with a pant, "Here-"

She saw Qin Zichen passed out on the couch. He was sleeping peacefully as his stomach and chest heaved up and down.

She slowly walked to him and sat beside him.

Qin Zichen's face was burning red. Lin Feiyi wanted to check whether or not he had a fever. She carefully placed her soft cold hands on his forehead.

As soon as her cold hands touched his forehead, Qin Zichen comfortably hummed.

Qin Zichen's whole body was hot. He was yearning for her cold touch, and he rubbed his face onto her palm.

Lin Feiyi was stunned.

She immediately withdrew her palm and stood up.

Lin Feiyi could see Qin Zichen's uncomfortable expression as soon as she withdrew her hands.