Chapter 17: DNA Test

Warning: Might have lots of grammatical errors as Author-nim doesn't have much time to edit

Qin Zichen asked Assistant Song to investigate Mei Suxian's off behavior of taking a DNA sample from the heroine.

Assistant Song had sent someone to keep an eye on Dr. Chang for these past few days and had been reporting everything to Qin Zichen.

The day of the results came.

Mei Suxian's assistant had reported that the results came and Dr. Chang was to send the results this afternoon.

Mei Suxian was delighted to know that the results had come.

She was rubbing her hands together anxiously during the meeting and she could not concentrate inside the conference room.

Her stomach felt like tightening and flipping like hot pancakes on a pan.

Her beige heels impatiently tapped on the marble floor, wishing for the time to speed up so the meeting could end.

"Meeting adjourned." The announcement Mei Suxian had been wanting to hear.

She stood up from her chair and exited the conference room.

She went back to her office and saw a brown envelope lying on her desk.

Assistant Fu had placed it on her desk a few minutes before the meeting ended.

She sat on the chair and straightened her back.

She took a deep sigh before slowly opening the envelope.

Her hands were trembling uncontrollably as she began to read word by word.

"The probability of maternity is..." She swallowed as she slowly moved her eyes to the final result.

"99.99%!" She exclaimed with a hoarse voice.

Mei Suxian's heart felt a sense of happiness and shock.

She couldn't help getting emotional and her eyes were sour red.

"My Rachel..." She choked sobbing as she covered her mouth.

She was sobbing uncontrollably with joy visible in her eyes.

She couldn't believe that the daughter she thought was dead was actually alive.

...

Meanwhile,

Harris who's certain that the results were sent to Mei Suxian looked at An Meiyou with dotting eyes.

An Meiyou was sobbing uncontrollably with happiness just as Mei Suxian did.

She gave Harris a tight hug of gratitude.

"Thank You, Thank You." She repeatedly whispered as she sobbed on his chest.

An Meiyou didn't remember much about her childhood.

Harris had Investigated and collected pieces of evidence of her being connected to the Qin Family and how she woke up losing her memories.

After the car fell from the cliff, she woke up in a small and dilapidated house.

Luckily for her, she was found lying on the shore looking lifeless by an old fisherman.

The old fisherman looked aghast and worried as he checked her pulse. The old fisherman was relieved to know that her heart was still beating.

He took her back to their small house and was met by his wife's shocked and worried face.

"Who is that!?" The old lady asked as she took the little girl's wet body to her arms.

The old fisherman told his wife everything that happened.