Chapter 42 - Dubai

Sorry it's late! I'm never this late!

——-

Leila's pov -

"M-mama...I-I didn't mean it to happen!" I said sobbing on my knees. My mothers eyes were holding anger. Pure anger!

I'm in deep trouble.

"LEILA!! You let that man see you!!
Your—" she stopped midway in her words when a voice interrupted us.

"What man? What the hell is going on!" My breath hitched and the tears continue to flow down but I didn't utter a word.

I turned and see my brother.

Adam!

"Son she went out the room when the guests (men) were here! They all looked at her!" My mother said in anger. I whimpered and look down playing with my finger beds.

"Leila what am I hearing? Look up!" He made me flinch but I shook my head. "LOOK UP!" I flinched and looked up. I see him clenching his fists and jaw.

Oh no!

I did this!

Why can't I just stop making mistakes. Ya Allah please be on my side.

I started saying some prayers in my head.

"YOU SLUT!" He yelled and lifted his hand slapped my cheek with so much force my head hit the floor.

"Good Adam let her learn!" My mother said and left us. Adam grabbed a first full of my hair and continued to punch me.

I scream and tried to make him stop. It hurts!

"A-Adam! S-stop p-please!!" I yell and tried to roll around.

He gets up and gets the belt! I scream and move back.

"A-Adam..don't..I-I-I'm s-sorry— AH!" I mumbled at first but when I felt the belt on my skin I screamed!

"Leila!!" I hear another voice.

Damien!

"Damien! C-come—" I wanted to say come save me but I my body was shaken.

I open my eyes with a little sweat on my face. I look around with a uneasy breath control.

Did I have another nightmare!

I look over at Damien. I'm in his lap. I was  numb. I couldn't even move. My chest was moving up and down as I tried to get my breathing to easy.

Did I wake him up! Can't I just have a night mare without screaming!

"Shh doll it's okay" he said in a low voice. He sounded a bit mad but I can't get why or if I'm right or not.

I stared up at him.

"Damien?" I said in a shaky weak voice.

"Hm?" He said lowly and held me tighter. I dug my face in his chest. But what surprised me is he moved slightly back so I couldn't.

What happened?

He hates you!

He really is sending you home and back to zain.

My heart was stinging for some reason. This is why I didn't wanna catch feelings. I mean I don't have feelings for him..

Lying is haram!

I shake my head and look down.

He then picked me up from his lap and put me on the bed. My breath hitched.